• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Recommendations

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-05-16

PM

Just rediscovered the itch for adventure games! Was hoping to get some reco’s from you guys (thanks in advance).

All time favorites are grim fandango, the walking dead, the dig and machinarium.  Just played gemini rue and liked the story but the rest felt a little “meh” I really havent played much more than that other than old school lucasarts games.  i put a premium on compelling story/ atmosphere and rewarding puzzles.

Where should I start? Longest journey? Gabriel knight?  Thanks guys!

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

those two have both, so they are a great start. also you might check this list: http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/18643

if you liked gemini rue’s story and you don’t mind the retro looks, try Resonance. Far superior in gameplay and puzzles imo. I’ll also recommend Discworld Noir cause I find it similar to Lucas Arts titles like Grim Fandango (also cause it’s awesome Smile )
If you narrow down your preferences, maybe you’ll get a clearer recommendation.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I just have to agree with everything badlemon said.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

The Longest Journey is never a bad place to start, and you might want to chase it down with Dreamfall (the sequel to TLJ).

I can also second Discworld Noir, and you might also like something like Syberia.

There is really a large number of great games you haven’t played yet, so take a look at the top 100 list as Badlemon suggested.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

I agree with the suggestions. TLJ is a good place to start and you can never go wrong with the GK series.

I’m a little jealous. I wish I could experience all those games for the first time again.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-05-16

PM

Thanks guys for all the recommendations! I think what I didn’t like about Gemini rue was the lack of variety to the environment, felt like the same bland background/music and it grew a bit tiresome.  What I loved about Grim and machinarium was the incredible scenery and soundtrack making even fetch quests (grim) entertaining. 

Anyways i think I’ll start with TLJ and work to Gabriel knight and disc world.  Thanks again!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top