• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Why the lack of posts?

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Jdawg445 - 20 April 2022 12:23 PM

Plus adventure games are a niche market anyways. Also at least in my case it doesn’t help when half the message board is advertisements for kickstarters, I tune out for a while.

I was here was the board started, sometime back in 1999-2001 from memory.

That said when returning more recently I wasn’t sure if the forum was even here as it seems to have been relegated to the bottom of the page with a blank notification and large ad banner before there is even any sign of a potential forum beneath it.

its certainly a bad UI for that simple fault alone, but I would suggest in combination with some of the hardest times to survive, gaming is always been a luxury for me in adult life when I can relax, and AG’s themselves are not as popular as it once was, and I dont always feel the need to come back to the board to report on it, I use social sites less and less these days. Mainly as I dont always play AG’s anymore too.

All of those factors combined, with mostly AG today being indy and small releases communities like these sadly have peaks and troughs as do all things.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

This is the 17th post about lack of posts on the forum since yesterday!  Laughing

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

chrissie - 20 April 2022 01:24 PM

This is the 17th post about lack of posts on the forum since yesterday!  Laughing

Touche

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

I find that there is still quite a lot of activity on AG’s forums compared to other adventure games forums, and it’s a great thing.

I think there might be several reasons to why there are less posts (if it is indeed the case?): less people to play adventure games nowadays, or at least less passion for them in general (because less AAA adventures, because no-brain games are much prefered) ; young people use less forums and more live threads and chats (including Steam discussion pages) ; there are sometimes quarrels here (don’t try to hide it under the carpet, I saw them a few times haha) ; also you all seem to know each others well, have a lot of adventure experience and skill, and have some quite specific tastes, so I think it’s not easy to arrive here for someone new, with quite a different idea of video games, as you can be quite intimidating.

Personally I would like to come more often and post too, but I don’t feel at ease writing in a sustained English like most of you, and the language bareer is quite an issue for several people I guess. I was misunderstood a few times when I didn’t choose my words properly or wrote too fast, and as a result I’m trying to explain myself better, but it’s an effort and I have a lot of work so I prefer to just read and say nothing.
Besides I’m quite an ignorant regarding adventure games and I just don’t have the level to post on the forums. I played several series and various ag’s but I don’t have the possibility to dedicate a lot of time and money to playing more (actually I spend my life developing and I almost never play).
I would like to add also that you show a serious lack of curiosity about the Black Cube series and the most recent episodes Myha & Boinihi ahah! Tongue Tongue Tongue

I’m not criticizing at all, just trying to share observations (with humour! Don’t take me at my word).

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Jdawg445 - 20 April 2022 01:32 PM
chrissie - 20 April 2022 01:24 PM

Touche

Then I’ve succeeded!

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Simon_ASA - 20 April 2022 03:21 PM

Personally I would like to come more often and post too, but I don’t feel at ease writing in a sustained English like most of you, and the language bareer is quite an issue for several people I guess. I was misunderstood a few times when I didn’t choose my words properly or wrote too fast, and as a result I’m trying to explain myself better, but it’s an effort and I have a lot of work so I prefer to just read and say nothing.

I would think that lack of fluency in English would be the last reason not to post here. When I was young French was the “Universal Language.” So I studied French for four years in High School and another two years in college. By the time I graduated college, French was passe. My employer, in the consumer electronics industry, had me go through a Berlitz-style course in Japanese.

And so it goes that English has become the “Universal Language.” Although US English and Britain English are, still, two entirely different languages.

Rest assured you will be understood. While my Japanese was far from perfect when I went there for the first time to meet a supplier, they understood. And they appreciated the effort.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Touche

Not at all. On the contrary. The fact that so many people are posting in this particular thread and not in game-related threads is an indication that something is not quite right.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Karlok - 20 April 2022 07:08 PM

Touche

Not at all. On the contrary. The fact that so many people are posting in this particular thread and not in game-related threads is an indication that something is not quite right.

Thumbs Up

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Karlok - 20 April 2022 07:08 PM

Touche

Not really, lets be honest these forums only really have 10-15 active users at any one time. Regular posters are you, rtooney, me, advie, lady, chrissie, planetx, adv lover, dcast…. then a couple that come and go like a Barron and a few others.

Oh and the countless new accounts created to solely ask for money for new kickstarters.

Total Posts: 290

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

cozyhome - 20 April 2022 08:09 AM

I notice more and more people especially the younger generation prefer to discuss in others like discord, reddit, fb group and etc.

Good point, doesn’t AG have a discord forum?  I’m too old to ‘get it’ haha, but I wonder how active it is?

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

From my experience, most people are surprised that anyone still plays single player adventure games at all.

In gaming nowadays people look for interaction with other players either inbuilt multiplayer or co-op modes, or if they do play anything single player campaigns they want to do it via discord or some place they can talk about it. This doesn’t include forums - too slow and clunky. And rtrooney’s post is a good demonstration - who wants to post something and wait for days for a reply?

We have to face that we’re a species slowly becoming extinct.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 461

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

lakerz - 21 April 2022 02:03 AM
cozyhome - 20 April 2022 08:09 AM

I notice more and more people especially the younger generation prefer to discuss in others like discord, reddit, fb group and etc.

Good point, doesn’t AG have a discord forum?  I’m too old to ‘get it’ haha, but I wonder how active it is?

We do. https://discord.gg/6VD4nsVb

It’s not exactly a hive of activity either though.

Now Playing: Harold Halibut, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Botany Manor, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Jdawg445 - 20 April 2022 09:34 PM

Not really, lets be honest these forums only really have 10-15 active users at any one time.

Yes. Which proves my point. Tongue Because that wasn’t always the case.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 406

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I come and read through the posts semi regularly. I take part in the game threads if I recognise something (rarely). I don’t have much time to play anymore so don’t have a lot to say in the game discussions, especially the new ones.

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Karlok - 21 April 2022 07:12 AM
Jdawg445 - 20 April 2022 09:34 PM

Not really, lets be honest these forums only really have 10-15 active users at any one time.

Yes. Which proves my point. Tongue Because that wasn’t always the case.

Lol has been for at least 3 to 5 yrs

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top