• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Why the lack of posts?

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I can’t be the only one who has noticed a severe decline in the number of posts to the forum. Over the last week or more, the number of yellow boxes signifying a new post to a thread have diminished from a “full slate” to less than three.

I don’t know where the problem is. I’ve been posting updates to my S4 progress for more than a week. No comments. I can understand if it is not interesting. But, surely, someone would say something about whether they agreed with a conclusion I made.

I posted more than a week ago that the current CPT was drawing down, and it was time for a new vote. It took a week for a mod to pick up on the fact the old thread had been un-pinned and start a new CPT thread. And there have been no new votes on the thread since Lady K posted it. (And that’s no criticism of Lady K. Even though she has undertaken the thankless task of being our scorekeeper, anyone with Mod or Admin attached to their name could have picked up on this.)

There has been a general malaise going on for some time. Something I think Ivo has tried to cure by getting people to invest in the forum via the patronage system. I contributed for two years. As, I’m sure others did as well. But it became apparent to me that it wasn’t working. So I stopped. And many others did as well.

I wonder whether this is why Jack decided to leave. He gave it all he had for seventeen years, but saw what he saw, and decided his future would lie elsewhere.

Come on Guys and Girls, or Men and Women. If we can’t continue to make this a vibrant forum then we are in deep stuff.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I have my own theories on why but who knows.

Total Posts: 290

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Right now it is kind of trying times for many with inflation raging around the world and wages not exactly keeping up.  I expect many are focused more on their jobs and trying to figure out how to get all the rising bills paid more so than focus on posting on gaming forum.  Plus April is tax month (at least in USA) with today being deadline so that ensnares many with hours and hours of work to get all paperwork at hand and file it all accurately.  Or maybe none of that is a factor who knows.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

^ That & also it’s the 1st spring since 2019, at least where I am, that we haven’t been in total lockdown & here we’ve been having quite nice weather too.

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

rtrooney - 18 April 2022 09:10 PM

I can’t be the only one who has noticed a severe decline in the number of posts to the forum. Over the last week or more, the number of yellow boxes signifying a new post to a thread have diminished from a “full slate” to less than three.

There were 6 new posts when I came on 10 minutes ago and that has been fairly consistent these past couple of months.

I don’t know where the problem is. I’ve been posting updates to my S4 progress for more than a week. No comments. I can understand if it is not interesting. But, surely, someone would say something about whether they agreed with a conclusion I made.

Maybe those who have played the game have said what they want to say and those who haven’t played it yet don’t want to see spoilers.

I posted more than a week ago that the current CPT was drawing down, and it was time for a new vote. It took a week for a mod to pick up on the fact the old thread had been un-pinned and start a new CPT thread. And there have been no new votes on the thread since Lady K posted it. (And that’s no criticism of Lady K. Even though she has undertaken the thankless task of being our scorekeeper, anyone with Mod or Admin attached to their name could have picked up on this.)

I saw that the previous CP had ended, but I don’t have any games to nominate right now.  If there are games that people want to play, the nominations and votes will come.  If not, they won’t.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

bc advie is not what he used to

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Thumbs Up

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 19 April 2022 07:45 AM

^ That & also it’s the 1st spring since 2019, at least where I am, that we haven’t been in total lockdown & here we’ve been having quite nice weather too.

I don’t disagree. Me, I use AG as a distraction from all the things you mention. But, if enough people agree with your point of view perhaps we should just shut down AG until things return to a consensus of what constitutes as normal.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 19 April 2022 12:29 PM

I saw that the previous CP had ended, but I don’t have any games to nominate right now.  If there are games that people want to play, the nominations and votes will come. If not, they won’t.

I hate to get into a tiff about this because we are good friends. But isn’t it customary to post previous nominations with no votes attached when a new playthrough session starts?

Not that it would bother me if STWB4 skated through with no competition until 5/1.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 19 April 2022 12:29 PM

There were 6 new posts when I came on 10 minutes ago and that has been fairly consistent these past couple of months.

This is what I saw when I logged on around 8:00 PM CST. The only two new messages were mine. You must be seeing different stuff than I am.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

rtrooney - 19 April 2022 08:39 PM
chrissie - 19 April 2022 07:45 AM

I don’t disagree. Me, I use AG as a distraction from all the things you mention. But, if enough people agree with your point of view perhaps we should just shut down AG until things return to a consensus of what constitutes as normal.

It wasn’t a point of view just an idea as to why there haven’t been many posts lately. You seem to have misunderstood that I was inferring that the lifting of restrictions means that people are now getting out & about rather than being ‘distracted’.    Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

There’s also been a steady general decline in forum popularity across the entire internet for years now. *Every* forum has less posts than, say, ten-fifteen years ago. It’s just not as big a platform anymore.

That means that if there’s a lull in comments, that instead of still having several threads going, there are suddenly days with little to no posts.

I wouldn’t read too much into it. Especially with Covid-measures relaxing in a lot of places, and spring giving us better weather to get out of the house instead of posting on the internet…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2012-06-18

PM

I notice more and more people especially the younger generation prefer to discuss in others like discord, reddit, fb group and etc.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

cozyhome - 20 April 2022 08:09 AM

I notice more and more people especially the younger generation prefer to discuss in others like discord, reddit, fb group and etc.

Exactly.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

We’re just going through a phase.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Plus adventure games are niche market anyways. Also at least in my case it doesn’t help when half the messageboard is advertisements for kickstarters, I tune out for a while.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top