• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Return to Monkey island by Ron Gilbert : 19 september 2022

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-01-06

PM

Ron gilbert has announced a new monkey island
https://grumpygamer.com/april_fools_2022

For 18 years the Grumpy Gamer blog has been April Fools’ day free because it’s a stupid tradition.

So to mix things up a little I’m taking this opportunity to announce I’ve decided to make another Monkey Island.

Maybe an april fool but Ron gilbert has never made an april fool on his site and on april’s fool message each year

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Either that, or Ron is celebrating his change in alignment to chaotic neutral
by trolling fans of adventure games.

It’s a wild world.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Ha! I knew the yesterday’s thread here “Ron Gilbert and Tim Schafer secure rights for a new Monkey Island game” couldn’t be just another April Fool’s joke. Ron is turning 60 in two years, just the perfect moment for his dream game. I wrote my thoughts on all the possibilities to explore some of the lesser developed characters from the first games, but wasn’t able to post, because mods blocked it for no apparent reason. Go, Gilbert, show them all.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2012-06-18

PM

True, this must be

Joined 2012-01-06

PM

here doesn’t appear to be any immediately obvious evidence that could be used to dismiss Ron Glibert’s claim. Gilbert is working on an unknown project, after all. What’s been revealed via job listings has only confirmed that the studio is working on another point and click adventure game.

One interesting detail to consider is that Gilbert was recently directly involved with a Monkey Island release. He signed over 7,000 Certificates of Arr!thenticity for the Limited Run Games release of the Monkey Island Anthology, made in partnership with Disney. Perhaps Gilbert was able to work something out with Disney spinning out of that.

https://gamerant.com/monkey-island-ron-gilbert-return-teaser/

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

And now it’s official: https://returntomonkeyisland.com/

EDIT: Link was working when I posted it, though now it isn’t.)

Devolver Digital reveal on Twitter: https://twitter.com/devolverdigital

Joined 2012-01-06

PM

Trailer here

Total Posts: 461

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Really never thought we’d see Ron’s MI3, but I’m here for it.

Now Playing: Harold Halibut, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Botany Manor, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

This has shaped up to be a pretty strange year, all in all.

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Wow I was for sure this was a joke, it seems like Disney/ lucasfilm is really opening up to developers again and that’s awesome.

Unpopular opinion here while I love monkey island 1 and 3 I was not a big fan of number 2. I also did not like thimbleweed park so I have my concerns about the game.

Total Posts: 113

Joined 2009-05-12

PM

This is great news, one of those things I never thought were going to happen! And coming this year too. I just love it when surprise announcements are not too far from release.

Funny how this is supposed to be Gilbert’s MI3 probably ignoring everything after Lechuck’s Revenge but Murray shows up. Goes to show there’s things from the sequels worth keeping after all Smile

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

That escalated quickly. Like I said, it’s too early to praise Syberia 4 as “the best 2022 adventure”, there might be other masterpieces lurking somewhere. Really hope they will be able to pull this one off, 30 years after.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 1261

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

But if the game is going to be released this year (and I will believe it when I see it), it means they have been developing it for some time. It’s incredible there were no leaks about that.

I guess 2022 Aggies will rock!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2010-03-22

PM

danigar - 04 April 2022 01:05 PM

Funny how this is supposed to be Gilbert’s MI3 probably ignoring everything after Lechuck’s Revenge but Murray shows up. Goes to show there’s things from the sequels worth keeping after all Smile

Ron said MI3 is in canon:
“MI3 doesn’t go out of canon.  We were very careful about that.  Murray is in this game.”

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Man I was trying so hard to temper my expectations surrounding the April Fools announcement in case it turned out false. Now I’m utterly consumed in hype! There is no me! Only HYPE!!!

Already such a great year for adventures, and there were more releases around the corner…now this? Need that release date ASAP.

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

walas74 - 04 April 2022 01:27 PM

But if the game is going to be released this year (and I will believe it when I see it), it means they have been developing it for some time. It’s incredible there were no leaks about that.

I guess 2022 Aggies will rock!

Been in development for 2 yrs supposedly

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top