• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Tex Murphy: Any updates?

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

OneFlesh - 19 February 2013 05:14 AM

They’ve been pretty quiet compared to the other projects I’ve backed

This is not true, but 95% of their updates are on the private password-protected blog on their own site, which most backers never bothered to sign up for. They’ve actually been the most frequent updaters of any of the projects I backed.

To answer the top poster’s question: They are reportedly right on schedule and on-budget. They’ve finished principal photography (with a little bit more shooting in April), and they have a good amount of the game’s locations built. According to one backer who got to play an early build, the areas are “expansive and packed with gameplay.” There have been a couple videos of the game, as well, and the graphics look very good.

Honestly, I really could not be happier with how this game is coming along. I was always a big fan and I would play anything they put out, but this has really been exceeding my best expectations.

dave_minall - 19 February 2013 04:20 AM

I also am fully prepared for those of you who will say ‘You should have been a backer if you want to know’ but I was stupidly strapped for cash at the time and simply can’t afford it. Minimum wage is a b*tch.

I know this pain (not minimum wage, but freelance with ups and downs). Sometimes I just give a dollar or five dollars to a campaign just so I can get the updates and follow it, even though I know I won’t get the game Smile

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2010-04-17

PM

yes I fully agree, anymore who states they haven’t had any updates haven’t registered on big finish web site. The email was sent to your backer email address.

you should also be getting messages through kick starter about rewards but you have to log into kick starter to get them.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Well, their website is absolutely deplorable, and I would have loved to keep up with updates…but that crap they came up with just wasn’t worth it.

I’m not the biggest Tex fan anyway, but still…would have much preferred they gave us some email updates more frequently.

Still…not too upset. Not hearing/seeing anything has it’s advantages too. Wink

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

I finally played through Pandora Directive over the weekend.

Meatiest adventure game in history? The amount of puzzles was staggering, and I was only playing in Entertainment mode. Thankfully the intricately-designed hint system gives you just enough information to get unstuck without feeling spoiled.

As for the story, it’s one of the best I’ve experienced in a videogame. The fantastic cast brings an incalculable level of charm and personality to the experience, and the non-linearity of the narrative adds to the immersion.

I love that universe so much… guess Overseer is next.

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2010-04-17

PM

well if you liked pandora hold on to your hat for the new game as it will be the best ever, I can’t wait.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Yeah, the new one is supposed to be at least as long as Pandora with more extensive pathing. It’s crazy ambitious given what they have to work with, but so far they seem to be on schedule/budget.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Frogacuda - 21 May 2013 01:28 AM

Yeah, the new one is supposed to be at least as long as Pandora with more extensive pathing. It’s crazy ambitious given what they have to work with, but so far they seem to be on schedule/budget.

I’d reckon it helps a lot that greenscreen tech is more faster, cheaper and mature these days than it was in the 90’s. You can get a rough view of the whole scene in realtime now, when it could take days in 90’s.

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2005-01-25

PM

AstroChicken - 20 May 2013 06:37 PM

I finally played through Pandora Directive over the weekend.

Meatiest adventure game in history? The amount of puzzles was staggering, and I was only playing in Entertainment mode. Thankfully the intricately-designed hint system gives you just enough information to get unstuck without feeling spoiled.

As for the story, it’s one of the best I’ve experienced in a videogame. The fantastic cast brings an incalculable level of charm and personality to the experience, and the non-linearity of the narrative adds to the immersion.

I love that universe so much… guess Overseer is next.

If you only played through one path in entertainment mode, I would highly recommend another playthrough with all the puzzles and a different ending. Pandora Directive is one adventure game where each of the three different paths is really satisfying in its own way.

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

This one is looking good. Happy I backed.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

plumgas - 21 May 2013 01:12 AM

well if you liked pandora hold on to your hat for the new game as it will be the best ever, I can’t wait.

I hope you are right although I have been keeping my expectations in check in the face of all these legendary adventure game designers making a comeback. As talented as those people are, they are no longer backed by large companies that can provide top talent in any given area of development. It’s possible that some aspects of their games will feel more “rough” than they used to.

That being said, as mentioned in the above posts the technology Chris Jones and his team are using seems to permit a faster turnaround than your typical adventure game. Of all the upcoming titles in this era of revivals, I would expect Project Fedora to be the most in line with the level of quality of previous entries in the series. I’ve seen some screenshots yesterday and the shot of Chandler Avenue has me very hyped. It makes me feel like they are going to expand the vision of the originals without losing the intimacy that made them feel special.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top