• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

We need a New Martin Ganteföhr Adventure !

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The master of Mature Games i would say ,

i have nothing to Say than we all already know Martin Ganteföhr taste and how he with just little number of products he had given much and touched every Adventurer more that others whom had might made 10’s of Adventures.

I dont know if he has plans .. what about a Kickstarter for A new Adventure From Martin Ganteföhr i am sure it will be Something great.. or is it Something concerns House of Tales itself not Martin Ganteföhr.

Say Something about/for one of the best Writers | Designers | Directors of the Modern Adventuring.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I would love to see another game from Martin. He’s a great guy and semi-regularly posts on the forum.

House of Tales is no more though and i’m not sure what he is doing at the moment.

Their games were all great ideas, with great writing, but sometime the actual games themselves were disappointing. They experimented with the genre which was cool. Always trying to push different types of story that could be told.

Moment of Silence was his best game so I would love a sequel.

The later games were less of a hit for me. Overclocked was an interesting premise, but was more good than great.

Unfortunatly the less said about 15 days the better. I had too many technical issues and minimal gameplay. Great idea poorly implemented. It probably had a lot to do with the troubles behind the scenes at the time.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lucien21 - 16 February 2013 01:35 PM

Moment of Silence was his best game so I would love a sequel.

The later games were less of a hit for me. Overclocked was an interesting premise, but was more good than great.

you hit the facts why there should be More Adventures of M.Ganteföhr and they are just those two amazing titles,

i think we all crazy about Sequels (Syberia,TLJ or even GK) but that thing starts to annoy me lately , without going through this point i would ask what is more important, Starwars or G.Lucas and does it matter if J,J.Abrams take The IP into a big diversion with Disney to suite more teenagers than Real or Adult Fans?.

Maybe If M.Ganteföhr had made another MoS Instead of Overclocked then we would have cared more about a 3rd part (ridiculous imo) .

i know that Overclocked was not as great as MoS at least the with former’s repetitive Playing , but hey!
you like the story more than Puzzles and Gameplaying Then you should be happy with Overclocked. 

The Themes May look Different in the Previous mentioned Games but i see they both has the same plot of The Disturbed Hero with the Disturbed past who hits the bottom and goes up for things they didn’t really matter for him before (or at least before the Game starts).

and in both i always felt for the story, i am not a big fan of the story over the puzzles but they just hit me right, and i admit i never enjoyed playing an adventure and been touched while Solving the Puzzles by the story as much as with those Two.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

I wasn’t a fan of the House of Tales games, but I feel they enriched the market. Their loss is palpable. We can only presume what went one behind the scenes between House of Tales and dtp, but to me it seemed like dtp rushed 15 Days to release, which resulted in its sub-par quality, and then took the lacking critical and financial success of the game as a excuse to shut down the studio, just shortly after they acquired it. Who knows what went through the minds of these businessmen, but I think it can’t be doubted that their incompetence lead to the financial troubles they’re in now.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 17 February 2013 06:23 AM

i would ask what is more important, Starwars or G.Lucas and does it matter if J,J.Abrams take The IP into a big diversion with Disney to suite more teenagers than Real or Adult Fans?.

You grossly underestimate the current Disney management, and you grossly overestimate present-day George Lucas with that statement…
I strongly believe that Disney will take Star Wars in a much better direction than George Lucas would have…

On-topic: thank you for bringing Martin’s name to my attention. Now I know that I need to group Moment of Silence and Overclocked together on my list of games to play… Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Timo i didnt want underestimate or overestimate neither Lucas nor Disney ...

i Love J.J (Much) but he not qualified to make another Starwars (imo)... not technically of course the guy is great but Starwars is an Adult/Teenager/Family Movie and J.J is certainly is gonna take it into his dark themed Vision/ideas.

for instance i would have loved to see him (if things went well) taking S.K’s The Dark Tower as was planed into Action, it would have better than giving it later to Ron Howard!!!.

you feel me?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

You overestimate the importance of the director, and underestimate the importance of the screenwriter… Tongue

I think J.J. Abrams will be closely monitored during his direction of the next Star Wars film. He’s not going to turn it darker than it needs to be. For all intents and purposes, he’s one of the better choices for directing this.
And don’t underestimate Ron Howard either for The Dark Tower series. He’s still the guy that made Willow, so a fantasy setting is within his capabilities. And he’s got a darker side too - it may not be a terribly dark side, but again: the script will dictate a LOT.

Neither Abrams (for Star Wars) nor Howard (for The Dark Tower) would’ve been my first choices, but I’ll remain cautiously optimistic with them. It’ll all depend on the script…

And I repeat:

On-topic: thank you for bringing Martin’s name to my attention. Now I know that I need to group Moment of Silence and Overclocked together on my list of games to play… Grin

Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Grin
the admin should be a good example of how the forums works. Tongue

but we were not off-topic , yes i want a new Martin’s Adventure not a sequel for MoS, and i guess topics have (sometimes) to expand a little ... to a point now (i guess we had reached) that we should stop saying we need a new GK (just for for instance) but to say we really need new Jane Jensen Adventure (that is up to GK)

On Main-Topic Grin
my adivce is start with overclocked to get used to Martin kinda of an Adventure as the MoS might feels a little odd through controlling/moving the main Character through the scenes

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

I would love to see a New Martin Gantefoehr Adventure

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top