• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #67 Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet

Total Posts: 5611

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Ah!  The truth is out!  I am indeed a rogue. Grin

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’m glad people are finishing the game and enjoying it too. It is indeed a very good game.. I myself loved the ending, it ended on a good, heart warming note.

Let’s make sure our next CPT is as good, special thanks to AliBK for making this CPT amazing, I’m glad the game got him some awards,

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I finished the game and absolutely loved it. I did have a few problems in the endgame. I forgot that you need to right-click on an inventory item to inspect it, so it took me forever to get the the lyrics to Captain Salty’s Cookies off the box. I also had some problems with the end-game. While the logic of plugging all the vent holes with stalactites, except for the one under the ice bridge makes perfect sense. Execution was difficult. Particularly with the “minor” action sequence of Nelly trying to retrieve the last piece. I wound up watching the last minute or two on YouTube video, just to get to the end. I plan to go back and try it again over the next few days. 

Great game. I haven’t had the best of luck with the last several CPTs, so it was a joy to finish one. Nice pacing. Thanks to AL for nominating and leading the game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

rtrooney - 13 August 2021 07:05 PM

I finished the game and absolutely loved it. I did have a few problems in the endgame. I forgot that you need to right-click on an inventory item to inspect it, so it took me forever to get the the lyrics to Captain Salty’s Cookies off the box. I also had some problems with the end-game. While the logic of plugging all the vent holes with stalactites, except for the one under the ice bridge makes perfect sense. Execution was difficult. Particularly with the “minor” action sequence of Nelly trying to retrieve the last piece. I wound up watching the last minute or two on YouTube video, just to get to the end. I plan to go back and try it again over the next few days. 

Great game. I haven’t had the best of luck with the last several CPTs, so it was a joy to finish one. Nice pacing. Thanks to AL for nominating and leading the game.

It’s the perfect game for a CPT. Good story, great characters and fun puzzles. Loved Nelly, what a wonderful character.  Was so sad to finish this game. Bo Hooo.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m upset that there will not be another game. Since the ending certainly hinted at that possibility. I will certainly play the first game as well as Unintended Consequences. I think that’s the name. Will have to go back and check. But, regardless, I will play it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The time has come. Moderators please unhook this game. Players, please keep playing, take your time finishing the game and please post weather you liked or didn’t like the game or ending.

I’m so glad the game as well received, it’s by far the funnest game I’ve played in years.

Heart

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

rtrooney - 13 August 2021 08:33 PM

I’m upset that there will not be another game. Since the ending certainly hinted at that possibility. I will certainly play the first game as well as Unintended Consequences. I think that’s the name. Will have to go back and check. But, regardless, I will play it.

Same here, I really enjoyed this game and would love to see a sequel. I’d like to know why there won’t be a sequel given how great those games are.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Day off!

I’ll make good use of my time by doing a ton of laundry testing and playing adventure games.

Inside the mind of a magic monkey: an arcade, disguised as a fair. Vibe: bit of seaside heights in a twilight dimension.

The fowl fleet has been dehypnotized. Now I’m looking for treasure!

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

giom - 15 August 2021 11:38 PM

Same here, I really enjoyed this game and would love to see a sequel. I’d like to know why there won’t be a sequel given how great those games are.

Makes me wonder which job she would have tackled in a sequel. Mayor of Gloomholm or Pirate?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Finished the game!

Pretty good ending to a pretty good game. Some lines made me laugh, I quite enjoyed a lot of the animation and environments and characters in the game. Though I’ll be honest, some of the stuff was a bit shaky; the scene with How Fat in particular just made me roll my eyes.

The Bob Dylan character, though, very nice, captured his sense of humour in a way that vibes with this game’s comedy pretty well.

I enjoyed the well-structured puzzles, traditional, but done right. Hints and signposts, steps and a dependable form of logic, bit cartoon-ey, but not too looney.

Two questions for the author:

1. is there a reason for the Dutch words and names scattered throughout the game (vogel, daalder, Van Zandt?) Other names/tropes that hint at nationality tend to appear in context of that particular character or in a specific environment.
2. is the geyser + volcano sequence a reference to “The Legend of Kyrandia: Book Two - Hand of Fate”?

Total Posts: 5611

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m still playing and loving it.  I’ll add my 2 cents when I finish.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

rtrooney - 16 August 2021 01:12 PM
giom - 15 August 2021 11:38 PM

Makes me wonder which job she would have tackled in a sequel. Mayor of Gloomholm or Pirate?

I vote pirate. Maybe since he is a very busy guy he could farm it out - a sequel that is. Maybe Raw Fury could make it?

Heart

Total Posts: 1274

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I am sure a Kickstarter campaign would be successful.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

walas74 - 16 August 2021 08:33 PM

I am sure a Kickstarter campaign would be successful.

And you could even include the cost of buying the game outright, if AliBK does not want to be involved any longer. He’s got quite the career outside of this game.

Heart

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

There is always the obvious. The first game was a birthday present to his, then, girlfriend. And then came the second game with Nelly being excellently voiced by that very same girlfriend. Now I have no way of knowing this, but suppose the author and his girlfriend had a less than amiable split. Nelly would not be Nelly without her voice. Would author really want to create a new game, even if it was financially feasible, if it required working with your ex?

I have no reason to believe any of the above is true. Merely pointing out that there are reasons, other than financial, why pursuing a sequel might not be attractive.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top