• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #67 Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Let’s play Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet - an award winning highly rated game.

“Nelly Cootalot’s latest voyage is overflowing with charm and heart – and puns, oh the puns! It may not be the stiffest challenge out there, but it’ll leave you with a warm feeling inside.”

2016 Aggie Award - Readers’ Choice: Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet

“The Aggie Awards - The Best Adventure Games of 2016 - It probably wouldn’t surprise you to know that Alasdair Beckett-King is a stand-up comedian. It’s definitely no secret that he’s every bit as funny as a sit-down developer, with his swashbuckling pirate adventure Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet taking first place for top comic adventure writing. Led by its plucky eponymous heroine, who banters with Vikings, teases down-on-their-luck toffs, outwits and out-gabs a snooty bureaucrat and can snark with the very best, this tale of birds and brothers provides a constant barrage of groan-inducing puns (the best kind!), witty repartee, endearingly offbeat characters and wacky situations. It’s all so very British, sure to elicit snickers, snorts, and even the occasional guffaw while keeping a silly grin on any player’s face throughout. Well done, Alasdair. Stand up and tell a joke take a bow!”

So, please setup the game and make sure it runs. You have until Wednesday to do that.

Moderators - please pin this game. Thanks.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Next Monday?? Why wait a whole week, what’s the point? A few days should be more than enough for people to install the game.

EDIT: Bought and installed. Ready to go.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Revised to Wednesday.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 178

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

I just bought the bundle for 9.33 euro from steam. It seems to be cheaper than the game alone that goes to 9.99 and it includes also the first game. Installing now. But as i said i will probably be able to start it after 10 days. But i will certainly catch up.

Ok installed it and tried the first scene in the ship which takes 5 min to complete. I like the graphics and the controls. Love how pressing the space higlights all possible interactions. I can allready say that this seems the kind of adventure i really enjoy.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Total Posts: 5588

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I have installed the game from the disk, obtained my code, viewed the intro, and washed my Nelly t-shirt to wear on the first day.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5045

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

It seems as if the only source available for games these days is Steam, which also happens to be my least favorite source. I’ll get it shortly. Unfortunately, RL has reared its ugly head, so there are some things I need to take care of. It will be at least Thursday before I’m ready. More likely it will be this coming weekend, so the original schedule would have been perfect for me. Will catch up when I can.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1254

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Game installed and everything seems to work fine.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

rtrooney - 05 July 2021 06:23 PM

It seems as if the only source available for games these days is Steam, which also happens to be my least favorite source. I’ll get it shortly. Unfortunately, RL has reared its ugly head, so there are some things I need to take care of. It will be at least Thursday before I’m ready. More likely it will be this coming weekend, so the original schedule would have been perfect for me. Will catch up when I can.

The first part of the game should not take that long to complete. It can easily be done over the weekend. To me, Neely is a perfect example of a well done Indy game, funny, solid puzzles and story and fabulous voice acting.
There are many walk throughs avaliable, so if you get stuck use one.

Here’s some more info on the game:

“Nelly Cootalot is a spicy lady and she is a pirate but she is not a pirate who causes murder and manslaughter. In this 2nd Nelly Cootalot story, Nelly goes back to battle with Baron Widebeard. The Baron has taken the nasty plan to go after the “Treasure of the 7th Sea”, a treasure hidden by pirate Bloodbeard on his sunken ship “The Sweet Mary”. Nelly finds out that the Baron has again abducted a large flock of birds and hypnotized them so that the birds do everything the Baron wants them to do. Nelly wants to thwart the plans of the Baron and free the birds.”

Steam says the game is 50% off right now, so it’s a good time to pick it up. The HD remaster of the first one is .99 cents on Steam which is a bargain.

Here’s a link to the games homepage:

http://www.nellycootalot.com/

Heart  Heart

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2013-05-26

PM

Hello, thanks for playing Nelly! I can’t join the community playthrough, because I… I just can’t play my own game.

If you don’t like Steam, it is on several other stores (but not GoG, sadly!): https://www.humblebundle.com/store/nelly-cootalot-the-fowl-fleet

But the advantage of Steam is - it’s 50% off. I hope you enjoy the game. I do like discovering threads like this!

- Alasdair

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Ok, it’s time to complete “Chapter One:  On board the Mailship Undeliverable” of the game. Stop when you get to port. You have until next Wednesday to get that done:

And AliBK as the developer, we don’t want you to play the game, just please add comments on how you developed certain parts of the game. For example where did you get the idea for Nelly from in the first place?

Heart

Image Attachments

01B2793A-529F-405D-A6F2-F61C91C27C56.jpeg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2013-05-26

PM

Nelly was essentially a birthday present that got out of hand. In 2007, I made a freeware game called Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy! The main character was based on my girlfriend, and then I foolishly ended up making the Fowl Fleet a few years later. Obviously, the game owes a big debt to Monkey Island and other Lucas Arts adventures, though I think the humour is more British.

We remastered the original freeware game in HD recently, with super-cheap voice-over. (Basically, me doing most of the voices.)

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

AliBK - 07 July 2021 08:33 AM

The main character was based on my girlfriend

Your girlfriend was a pirate?!  Gasp

Total Posts: 5588

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It’s good to see you here, Alasdair!  I played the remastered Spoonbeaks recently and loved it, so I’m looking forward to this playthrough.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1254

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

As we have time until next Wednesday I intend to play the remastered Spoonbeaks first and the first section of the CPT later.

Glad to have Alasdair here. I love British humour (and accent…)

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Luhr28 - 07 July 2021 08:54 AM
AliBK - 07 July 2021 08:33 AM

The main character was based on my girlfriend

Your girlfriend was a pirate?!  Gasp

Grin Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top