• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Tony Tough 2 - A Rake’s Progress in English!

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-03-28

PM

Tony Tough 2 - A Rake’s Progress has been finally translated in English!

For more information and links you can go here: http://shinji-nerd-life.blogspot.com/

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2005-10-04

PM

Finally, after, what, 5 years? More? I remember sending 2 emails to the developers asking what happened with the English version (it was once on the cards, so much so, I remember reading a small article in Edge Magazine), but I got not response. Then it just fell off the radar and never materialized.

Sadly, it’s a bit late in the day. I will keep it in mind, and I say congratulations to everyone involved in finally translating it. It’s just a shame I, along with everyone else interested, have long moved on.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Hi ShinjiGr Smile I remember you from some months back in another forum, you announced a translation for some other game that was never before translated to English. Not quite sure which, but it was either Kaptain Brawe or Hollywood Monsters. Anyway, thanks a lot for that Smile

It’s a shame that Tony2 has such horrible visuals compared to the first game Confused

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I wrote the developer too hoping they would put out an English version. I will definitely check this out. Thanks for the good news!

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2010-07-04

PM

is the graphics corruption on characters expected?

Joined 2012-03-16

PM

i know this is a bit off topic but im playing the 1st game in the series right now and im wondering a thing about it. Since i usually dont come across adventure games that give you a selection of a “easy mode or hard mode” at the beginning im wondering what is the recommended difficulty to start this game in, what comes closer to the normal setting you might say ?

Now Playing: Deponia - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Recently Completed: The Cat Lady 10/10 - Gray Matter 7.0/10 - Puzzle Agent 6.0/10 - Still Life 2 3.0/10
Next to Play:
Wishlist
Anticipating: Stasis - Moebius - Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse - Memoranda

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

it has been so long since I played it, I didn’t remember if it had an easy or hard.  But, I know that I thought it was one of the hardest games I had ever played, and I think many others think that too, so, I would probably do the easiest setting first. Just me…  also, if you play the second game, could you give us a small review?  I have been debating on buying it and would like to know a little bit more about it.  I have already downloaded the english patch for the game in anticipation of needing it.

Joined 2012-03-16

PM

thanks for the help @mbday360

I have to say youre right about the game being very hard, ive played on the hard setting for 3 hours now and im on the verge on giving up. I quickly skimmed through a walkthroughs contents as it was describing the difficulty differences and apparently the hard difficulty setting only kicks in towards a certain point later in the game. Im going to try playing it on the easy setting first now.

Unfortunately i dont have the 2nd game so i cant really add further info about it

Now Playing: Deponia - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Recently Completed: The Cat Lady 10/10 - Gray Matter 7.0/10 - Puzzle Agent 6.0/10 - Still Life 2 3.0/10
Next to Play:
Wishlist
Anticipating: Stasis - Moebius - Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse - Memoranda

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I only played it on the hard setting, and though it was a bit difficult, I’d never recommend the easy setting, unless you’re okay with missing out on puzzles. It’s not the type of game that you can play through in one evening, you need to take your time with it. If you’re not too impatient, you should be able to get through most of the hard mode without using walkthroughs.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I have downloaded the patch and also downloaded the English translation patch, but, they are still speaking German with no subtitles to let me know what they are saying.  Can you please tell me how I can see the subtitles? Thanks.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top