• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady KestrelluckyloserTheTMD

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 17 January 2013

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Oops. Looks Like Roger is in trouble…

(From SQ1; I wouldn’t want Fien to get even more mad at me today for not mentioning the name of the game. Tongue )

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

One of my absolute favourites from childhood!

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Ah, the primary cause of my hatred for early Sierra…

Never even got to that particular screen. I never even managed to get rid of the robot spider thingy in the desert. God I hated that game…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Erm, that’s the robot spider thingy in the desert (look at the left of the screen)...

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I know. Goes to show how far I got in the game if I didn’t even get to that screen… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I thought Space Quest one of the easier Sierra games, whose games I’m usually crap at. The linearity of most of the SQ games gave you limited options so you only needed to try a few things to proceed.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I agree, though I’ve struggled with many Sierra games, I completed most of the SQ games without any assistance at a very young age, the first around the age of 9. I remember finding the third SQ to be particularly easy for a Sierra title.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Dag - 17 January 2013 03:35 PM

I remember finding the third SQ to be particularly easy for a Sierra title.

Good to know that. I started it a few days ago.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Never liked the SQ series much. I always found everything extremely frustrating in those games. Odd how that wasn’t the case with King’s Quest 5 and 6 (the only ones I truly like).

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Dag - 17 January 2013 12:18 PM

One of my absolute favourites from childhood!

Me too! In fact, nostalgia is what keeps me from replaying them, in fear that having grown up I might not like them as much anymore Tongue

Kasper F. Nielsen - 18 January 2013 03:59 AM

Never liked the SQ series much. I always found everything extremely frustrating in those games. Odd how that wasn’t the case with King’s Quest 5 and 6 (the only ones I truly like).

Very odd, especially since “extremely frustrating” would be the perfect description for a puzzle where you have to use honeycomb on a random piece of ground on a random path next to a random bush so King Graham can squeeze the honey out to catch a little pixie which runs out and gets stuck in the honey (KQV)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top