• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Veovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quiz: Stranded [ended]

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I just love the picture zobraks! - I had to save it to see the whole picture with SweetDalilah on the right. I feel exactly the same way - it was a pleasure! ( The only thing is… I more closely resemble the combination of Cher’s chest (or lack of), Michelle Pfeiffer’s jawbone & Susan Sarandon’s hair with the aid of curling tongs & L’Oreal!)

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

zobraks - 11 January 2013 09:12 AM

Thanks, folks!
I’m not a man of words - I prefer funny pictures, so here’s how I see the final standings:

zobraks - 11 January 2013 02:28 AM

Yeah, and you don’t use far too many smilies too:

SweetDalilah (in one post) - 10 January 2013 06:23 PM

Naughty Tongue Grin Shifty Eyed Pan Tongue Grin Shifty Eyed Pan Tongue Tongue

You like to express yourself through pictures, I use emoticons instead. Grin (Someone once said on this forum (I think it was kate me) that I probably have my own smileys collection. That person was right Shifty Eyed).

What I actually meant is that I prefer little meaningless chit chats over boring game discussions that never end (mostly because I hate reading everyone’s replies Meh)

Oh and I love the picture as well   Grin Although I think this one looks even better. Grin
Of the three actresses Michelle is the one who resembles me the most (Hey you even got the hair color (blonde) right! Tongue), although I’m much younger than her.
And good old Jack suits you perfectly. He is known as being a womanizer, and you can’t stop talking about getting laid so… Grin

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2008-03-28

PM

zobraks - 11 January 2013 09:12 AM

Thanks, folks!
I’m not a man of words - I prefer funny pictures, so here’s how I see the final standings:

Crazy Crazy

So who’s next Laughing

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve got something almost completed maybe ready for a few weeks time unless someone else wants to go ahead?

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

Nice one zobraks! Grin

@ Sweet D
Ah yes, the smileys collection. Yep!
I also have a bunch of them and lots of other gif files too.

@ chrisie and TimovieMan

New quizzes?! Can’t wait to see them!
I also have something but still need a few more pics. So, not yet…

I am baaaaaaaack!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

SweetDalilah - 10 January 2013 06:23 PM

I’ll be looking forward to your quiz. Can’t wait for it to see the light of the day. Grin

kate me - 11 January 2013 03:05 PM

New quizzes?! Can’t wait to see them!

I repeat:

(long term project, don’t get your hopes up yet)

I’m still amassing bucketloads of screenshots, and I’m nowhere near completing this insane project (somewhere along the lines of “still months off”). But if all goes well, I’ll have 10-15 supersize quizzes… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4256

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

TimovieMan - 11 January 2013 08:23 PM

I’m still amassing bucketloads of screenshots… I’ll have 10-15 supersize quizzes… Tongue

In order to make super quizzes you need not only a huge stock of screenshots. What you need more is a gaming experience. I bet Lady Kestrel, Lucky Eddie SuperEdy, HandsFree, Bastich, Fien (I know Fien had), Trunkyo and the likes had played hundreds of AGs, so they are able to pick a picture that isn’t characteristic of a game and doesn’t give it away easily (Trunkyo is a master of uncharacteristic details and a living encyclopaedia of in-game trivia).
I know I can pick a shot or two that don’t look like they’re from the game they’ve been taken from, but (luckily for the participants of my non-existant quizzes) I have played too few AGs (and have taken too few screenshots by myself) to make a (decent) quiz of my own.

BTW, shouldn’t we discuss future enterprises here?

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

zobraks - 12 January 2013 03:54 AM

What you need more is a gaming experience.
...so they are able to pick a picture that isn’t characteristic of a game and doesn’t give it away easily…

Demotivating me isn’t going to help… Pan Grin

Besides, they can’t ALL be difficult - it needs a few gimmes… Tongue

BTW, shouldn’t we discuss future enterprises here?

It’s still “too distant future” to be discussing it at all, really…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2008-03-28

PM

I do think the hard/uncharacteristic pictures should be the minority though, or you’ll scare away everyone but the quiz-tigers. The problem is that’s it’s very hard to predict which ones will turn out to be easy. The stranded quiz might have been a little too difficult too.
I wouldn’t have said Veil of Darkness was the most difficult pic in this quiz, nor that SF Tunguska was with the easiest ones.

Total Posts: 4256

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

HandsFree - 12 January 2013 08:36 AM

The problem is that’s it’s very hard to predict which ones will turn out to be easy.

If you post a screenshot that features on every famous AG site (like the one from “Tunguska”) - that’s easy, if you post a screenshot from the most famous AG there is (like Syberia) which is hard to find on the Internet - that’s hard.
I believe it doesn’t matter so much whether a game is obscure or famous as much as it matters whether a screenshot is obscure or well-known.
There were screenshots from Grim Fandango, The Longest Journey and the likes that a lot of people failed to guess just because those screenshots were unique and/or not well-known.

BTW, it crossed my mind that #37 might be Syberia, but I had played the game and I didn’t remember that boat and couldn’t find the same boat on the Internet, so I concluded (wrongfully) that it wasn’t Syberia.

HandsFree - 12 January 2013 08:36 AM

The stranded quiz might have been a little too difficult too.

As always, it depends on how much you know about the subject.
Once the people had figured out your quiz featured (almost) every AG published in last two years, the guessing (at least part of it) became quite easy. I never heard about Doc Apocalypse and Reperfection before, and I was only vaguely familiar with Secret Files 3, Doctor Who, The Lost Chronicles of Zerzura, To the Moon, Hector: Badge of Carnage, Resonance.
Oops, I seem to have divulged a secret of the trade. And I additionally disappointed Adventurere.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Heh, the Syberia boat was one of the ones I accidentally stumbled upon… Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top