• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What would be your dream come true?

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2012-10-14

PM

Every time I check the Adventure Gamers website, I can’t help but marvel at the list of games that are currently on the hype-o-meter. I know it’s been said before but who would have thought we’d have such a great line-up to look forward to this time last year.

I was over the moon with the success of the Double Fine Kickstarter - and that would have been enough for me - but one by one we’ve had more and more announcements and following each one I have thought to myself that surely us adventure gamers couldn’t get any more lucky… just to end up with more and more exciting news - most recently the confirmation of Syberia 3 and Dreamfall Chapters.

Again I’m at that point that surely there can’t be anymore great surprises round the corner for us but then I got thinking that I’ve felt like this before just to be pleasantly disproved. I wondered to myself what adventure game announcement would be my next dream come true besides those already announced - but I want to extend that question to you guys.

Mine would be GK4 or Toonstruck 2 I think. Although as I understood it; there are some legal issues of owning the rights on these so I know they are unlikely.  Mini Frown

So in the spirit of fruitless speculation; what would your dream-come-true adventure game announcement be? (Don’t get me wrong - I’m very grateful for what we’ve got coming and just thought it would be an interesting talking point!) Laughing

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

-Legend Entertainment reforming and making sequels to all their previous games
-Cyan developing Myst VI
-Sequels to Journeyman Project 3, Zork Grand Inquisitor, Sanitarium, Yoomurjak’s Ring and Discworld II all made by the original teams
-Matt Clark finishes Bracken Tor

Total Posts: 188

Joined 2004-03-18

PM

- New Leisure Suit Larry game in 3D. Not Telltale’s half-3D, think more along the lines of Gabriel Knight 3. So much more immersive.

- A new GK game with the original voice cast. Including Virginia Capers, who is dead, as the narrator.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’d like all the current Kickstarter adventure games to become massive critical and commercial successes, and for that to have a snowball effect with publishers so that we might become THE genre in gaming again…

I’d also like to see console-exclusive titles (*cough* Heavy Rain *cough* Beyond *cough*) get a PC-release, and for Nintendo to make the 3DS region-free…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I have one Dream for many years and surprisingly it is Sorta of happening these days; Sierra On_Line Come back.

if we look at AG Hype O Meter new updates we can find 3 titles coming from from Previous Sierra Employees; Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption - Moebius - SpaceVenture (working title).

for me it feels like Sierra been Always There (literally) and now it Seems more like it; Sierra’s Pioneers are Working under/with many other Developers/Companies and all that is needed is to be gathered again under Sierra’s Flag .

And about Sierra’s Con 2014 and if those Kickstared titles made their expected successes maybe it will result that start of this dream reunion , i dont know if the Williams will ever jump into action anytime soon or not but that does not change the fact that they need to put their (ALL Active Employees) power into/under one big Name.

maybe we would see Phoenix Online taking this honor and turns into something bigger that can compete with Telltale (for instance) , maybe they get united under any different sort .... or maybe just not;
that is my Dream.

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2004-07-06

PM

- Jim Walls making a sequel to Police Quest. Most of his collegues at Sierra have kickstarted games. Why not him?

- Some more Sam and Max adventures from Telltale. I loved season 3.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I think that sequels and the kickstarter stuff is great, but what I really want is new ideas, new IP and new games that will push the genre in unique and interesting ways.

Of all the Kickstarters coming out the Double Fine one is the most interesting as it’s new characters and a new world.

Beyond is easily the most exciting thing coming out next year for me.

As much as Dreamfall Chapters, New Tex, BS5 etc are all exciting as hell it’s mostly stuff we have seen before.

Give me ways to play the game, new storytypes, new chracters that will make me care and new puzzles to challenge the brain.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I’d like a proper Monkey Island game. A sequel to Curse of Monkey Island if you will, with that type of graphics. Not the ugly (and not to mention completely uninteresting) crap that the fourth and “fifth” games were.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

No sequel no prequel but an authentic and ambitious new ag like LA noire makes a dream
come true.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

GK4

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

For one of the big RPG developers to make a virtual Myst world with linking books to all the places visited or mentioned in previous games and books, including Uru. This game would have puzzles similar to Riven and continual add ons so that you would grow old before you could explore everywhere and do everything.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 10 December 2012 01:46 PM

I’d like a proper Monkey Island game. A sequel to Curse of Monkey Island if you will, with that type of graphics. Not the ugly (and not to mention completely uninteresting) crap that the fourth and “fifth” games were.

Truer words have never been spoken Smile

My biggest and wetest dream aswell, is having that PROPER sequel to Curse of Monkey Island that we never had, with Bill Tiller as the lead designer.

I’m ecstatic about the announcement of his upcoming episodic Vampyre Story kickstarter campaign though. It won’t fill the place of a CoMI sequel, but it’s great to hear he’s still in the game. I did see him on some forum mumble about having some design ready for a Kaptain Brawe-ish game while commenting on one of it’s backgrounds. Considering that Kaptain Brawe was heavily inspired by CoMI’s art-style, I found this comment quite exciting. Maybe there’s, if not a proper sequel, a spiritual successor in the works?

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

A really dark, really mature game which does not rely on gore but on story and characters. Such as Overclocked but with a better ending.

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

I think a lot of my dream come true games are being developed at the moment. For instance the new Tex Murphy, Broken Sword 5, etc. If I had one game that I would love to be made, that would be Gabriel Knight 4 with Moebius/Broken Sword 5 graphics. If I had to take that even further, I would love to see Gabriel Knight 5 made with FMV graphics. How cool would that be??!! Smile

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Adventure games being fused into AAA gaming. Imagine a sandbox game or RPG where you can interact with every object. Adds a little depth to problem solving beyond killin’ something.

EDIT: And Larry 8 of course.

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2008-04-03

PM

Sequels are fine, but new, original adventure games from certain teams/individuals could be even better. For example, some new adventure game by Jordan Machner, Cyan, or Presto Studios.

But in general there’s currently more adventure games being released and in production than I can handle. I rather wish for their highest quality than for even more announcements.

www.hardydev.com - blogging about indie and underground adventures

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top