• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Uru will be 10 years old in 2013

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I just found out that Uru will be ten years old in 2013. I don’t think there are many games that have such a dedicated crowd of admirers. Uru live is still online and every now and then I come there for some peace and quiet. I am never the only one there. The forums are still visited frequently. This game really is amazing. It’s a pity that Cyan has stopped making Myst games. A new one would be embraced by so many people!

Total Posts: 1078

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

I wish to see Cyan returns the scene something smoking..

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2010-07-09

PM

Uru… I remember seeing it about 7 years ago, when I was finishing Myst, Riven, and Exile one after the other like a maniac. Unfortunately, I’ve stopped playing the series after playing half Revelations, for no specific reason.
Well, Happy Birthday URU then!

Off-topic: I loved the atmosphere in Cyan/Myst games. But I can’t play first-person anymore. So I’d love to see Cyan make a third-person game but with the same atmosphere like in the Myst series. Any suggestions?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Could URU be the one of the first pioneering games to start the “U” trend? Wii U, Hero-U, iTunes U…

I love URU but when it came out I thought and still think it’s the cheesiest title ever. “You Are You”. Wasn’t I also me in Myst and Riven? Smile

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2009-12-05

PM

I loved URU when it first came out. I was actually one of the public beta testers and if you read all thru the credits I am still on there. Always nice to see your name in lights Wink. I still play the offline version every once and awhile but the online version turned me off when they released so many multiplayer puzzles. I was sometimes hard to find people to do those levels with and it hindered my ability to explore freely, which is one of the things I love about Myst and the other games.

JBHypno

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Uru will be 10 - can’t be!

I have an icon on my desktop to Uru that is like visiting a beloved summer place.  I say hello to my hard-won fireflies, butterflies, hawk and kestrel which come to greet me in my Relto, check to see that all my books are still there and try on some silly hats. 

So many fond memories of playing with my online friends adventuring together, joining other groups to open portals.  Shouts of “Who will be the caller?” and “Anyone want to be a guide in Minkata? Sparklie!”.  How many hours did we sit waiting for the pod creatures to show themselves and speculate what could be under the suspiciously tiled floors, which sadly was not to be revealed before the game closed, or coach each other in falling off the walkway exactly right to fall through to collect our prize or catapulting off the balcony to reach the yet-forbidden city in beta.  And the egg room.  So much hidden promise never to be realized.

Now there is a lone server that allows us to go there still but few people come to play.  Occasionly newbies find us and we can still feel through mentoring them the vitality and wonder that there is so much to do and see.  As asked in another thread, it would be my heart’s desire that it could again be as it was.  Since that can never happen though I’ll be content if I can still visit for a long time to come.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Where has the time gone?

The thing I remember most about Uru was downloading and playing the demo the night before I had a big exam.

I still did okay on the exam.

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2007-07-23

PM

I was also in the original beta…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top