• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckyLadyLinda

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Monday 5 November 2012

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 06 November 2012 12:38 PM
Oscar - 06 November 2012 07:56 AM

Haven’t played it but I don’t think Simon 2 was that great anyway, except for the graphics. Seems to be one of those series which never lives up to the original.

I don’t agree at all. Simon the Sorcerer 2 is one of my all-time favorite adventures. Top 10 material for sure.

Yes well, I think we can agree our tastes differ. You liked Broken Sword 2 better than the original too, didn’t you? I would put Simon 2 on about the same level as Broken Sword 2 - good, just not quite as good as the first.

Not that I thought Simon 1 was amazing or anything. Probably top 50.

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Personally, I believe that both the first and the second Simons were very good, but the second is slightly better. The first’s humour was a little more to my taste than the second’s (mostly because I felt a little annoyed by the brat Simon had became), but all the other aspects (story, graphics, sound, riddles, etc) are superior in the 2nd.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Oscar - 07 November 2012 12:49 AM
Kasper F. Nielsen - 06 November 2012 12:38 PM
Oscar - 06 November 2012 07:56 AM

Haven’t played it but I don’t think Simon 2 was that great anyway, except for the graphics. Seems to be one of those series which never lives up to the original.

I don’t agree at all. Simon the Sorcerer 2 is one of my all-time favorite adventures. Top 10 material for sure.

Yes well, I think we can agree our tastes differ. You liked Broken Sword 2 better than the original too, didn’t you? I would put Simon 2 on about the same level as Broken Sword 2 - good, just not quite as good as the first.

Not that I thought Simon 1 was amazing or anything. Probably top 50.

Exactly!

Broken Sword 2 is as well top 10 material Tongue

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

There is one thing we can all agree on - Swampy has got to be the most genius character in adventure game history.

Hail Swampy!!! Grin

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Zifnab - 06 November 2012 08:33 PM

STS1 was a lot funnier, wasn’t it? They changed the voices in 2 which I didn’t like, the game didn’t seem as ‘fresh’. But I do agree with the walking around - there was a lot of it and made it easy to get lost. The music was so good that I didn’t mind. But I liked 2 as well, if a little less.

What I can say is that the first Simon had more of an “adventury” atmosphere, the MucSwaplings restaurant in the second game doesn’t quite “fit” into this land of magic, and was in my opinion an unnecessary urbanisation of the world. However, the second game has a much higher replayability (atleast for me) and to me that’s proof enough that it was better designed.

Being a Red Dwarf fan, I suppose I agree it was a shame that Chris Barrie didn’t voice Simon for the second game. Then again, I think Brian Bowles did a good job, and he made Simon sound a little older, which made sense to me.

Kasper F. Nielsen - 07 November 2012 01:07 AM

Broken Sword 2 is as well top 10 material Tongue

Again I agree with Kasper (sorry Oscar Frown ), I also enjoyed BS2 more than the first. Misunderstand me correctly though, for me they are both top 10 material! However, for a top ten list I wouldn’t pick 2 games from the same series, so my choise would be for the 2nd. BS2 was the first Broken Sword game I played, maybe that has something to do with it?

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I also played BS2 before BS1, but I think the comedy was beefed up in the second from the first (resulting in the mystery slightly taking a back seat, at least compared to the first), which is probably why I gravitate more towards that one :-)

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Yeah, I think that must be it for me aswell.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top