• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

First look at ‘39 days to Mars’ a co-op adventure game

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2018-02-06

PM

Hey everybody. Got the change to take a look at the upcoming co-op puzzle adventure game ‘39 days to Mars’. I really liked it. The game looks beautiful, the puzzles are fun and the co-op part is something that I really want to see more. What do you guys think?

‘39 Days to Mars’ will be release on april 25th http://store.steampowered.com/app/504920/39_Days_to_Mars/

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

I’m not sure I would call rotating map pieces using 2 players “fun”, but I am willing to give the game the benefit of the doubt. I have never played a co-op adventure before so it will be a unique experience at least

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Joined 2018-02-06

PM

Donuts McGee - 08 April 2018 05:11 AM

I’m not sure I would call rotating map pieces using 2 players “fun”, but I am willing to give the game the benefit of the doubt. I have never played a co-op adventure before so it will be a unique experience at least

This is the first level and sort of a tutorial level. The coördination needed between the two players is really a fun and interesting dynamic, but I realise that this is maybe not visible in the footage :-) I like it a lot. Especially because you can also invite a friend or family member that is not really familiar with these kind of games, or any kind of games even.

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Hey Gamewalker,

Are you part of the development team or in any capacity involved with the project?
Because if you are, you should disclose that you are not just a regular interested consumer.

Joined 2018-02-06

PM

subbi - 08 April 2018 05:25 AM

Hey Gamewalker,

Are you part of the development team or in any capacity involved with the project?
Because if you are, you should disclose that you are not just a regular interested consumer.

Not at all. I have a YouTube channel dedicated to this genre, got the chance to play this game early and now talking about it.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

This looks kind of fun, but I have trouble believing that the co-op aspect would add to it - it seems like it would just make everything more frustrating…

Joined 2018-02-06

PM

Phlebas - 09 April 2018 08:58 AM

This looks kind of fun, but I have trouble believing that the co-op aspect would add to it - it seems like it would just make everything more frustrating…

There is also a solo campaign. Haven’t tried it tho.

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Gamewalker - 08 April 2018 05:27 AM
subbi - 08 April 2018 05:25 AM

Hey Gamewalker,

Not at all. I have a YouTube channel dedicated to this genre, got the chance to play this game early and now talking about it.

Thanks ;-) I hadn’t taken a look at your Youtube channel yet when I wrote the post.

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Gamewalker - 09 April 2018 08:59 AM

Going by the Steam page, the solo mode is co-op with a computer-controlled partner. Unless there’s a real solo campaign as well that I’ve missed.

Joined 2018-02-06

PM

Phlebas - 09 April 2018 12:06 PM
Gamewalker - 09 April 2018 08:59 AM

Going by the Steam page, the solo mode is co-op with a computer-controlled partner. Unless there’s a real solo campaign as well that I’ve missed.

I just tried it out. You’re right, a computer controlled cat is following you around, but in the puzzles you need to control them both with the two sticks of the gamepad.

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Gamewalker - 09 April 2018 12:43 PM
Phlebas - 09 April 2018 12:06 PM

I just tried it out. You’re right, a computer controlled cat is following you around, but in the puzzles you need to control them both with the two sticks of the gamepad.

Oh, you get to control both? That could be fun after all then Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top