• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Apocalipsis: Harry at the End of the World Playthrough

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

OK! Despite my being pissed off at Steam yet again, I have managed to download the game and open it. It works, and that is as far as I’ve gone.

How are we going to play this? I have no idea what the logical stopping points might be. Except, I hope, there are four of them. I have sent a PM to Sabacc asking him, or her, to lend a hand. Hope to hear back soon.

For those of you that want to play, let me know in a post here when you have successfully downloaded and opened the game.

Tim

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Downloaded, opened and ready to go. Smile

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m ready! I’ve downloaded the game & played about 30 secs - all seems to be okay & I’m very intrigued!  Smile

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

Downloaded and ready!

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2012-12-29

PM

Hi all,

I got Tim’s PM and did a quick check in the game to see what might make for a good breakdown.  From the in game map there are four geographical areas that the game takes place across.  Each area contains several playable scenes with cinematics between some of those scenes.

I can’t remember if there are cinematics between the scenes that separate areas.  I believe there are but don’t hold me to that.  Smile

The areas of the game consist of the following:
-The Village (7 scenes, ending and including one with a GIANT dead fish)
-At Sea (5 scenes, starts with hiring a boat and ends with building a raft)
-The Desert (5 scenes, starts with reaching shore and ends with a large door watched over by a group of four owls)
-The Underworld (6 scenes, starts with the entrance into the underworld and goes to the end of the game)

Check out my adventure game series Sleuthhounds!

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

The only question I have is whether the four map areas are about equal in length?

If one lasts 40 minutes and another 20, that’s not a big deal.

I don’t know if he mentioned it in the last post, but Sabacc will be joining the playthrough. Thanks very much for that.

I am also asking one additional favor. When I’ve lead playthroughs in the past, I always posted a screenshot of where we were supposed to stop. Seeing as I have not played the game, and want to experience it for the first time with everyone else, I am asking you to post the three screenshots. (I figure the end-of-game screenshot will be pretty much self-evident.

I suggest we start this coming Wednesday, 11 April. That will allow any lurkers who want to join a chance to download the game and make sure it’s working.

I also suggest we do this over eight days. So the game will end on 19 April. That way you have a day to play a chapter, followed by a day to post comments/screenshots etc. It also allows for some Real Life stuff, so if you need the extra day to catch up you have it.

Remember game hints should always be in spoiler tags.

Please let me know if this is OK with everyone who is currently on board.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-12-29

PM

Sounds good to me!  This is my first AG playthrough so quite interested to see how it goes.

I would say that the four geographic areas are roughly the same in play length (barring getting stuck on any particular puzzle, of course, Wink).

The first area would end once you finish this scene:

Note that there’s one actiony scene in the first section.  If anyone gets held up by that just let me know and I can post a save file for just after that scene.  You’ll know the scene when you get to it. Smile

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Thanks, Sabbac and Tim.  That all sounds good to me.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Wednesday’s okay for me.  Thumbs Up

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

then Wednesday it is. Feel free to start whenever you wake up Wednesday morning. Check in with comments/screenshots, et al. Try to finish by midnight on Thursday in whatever time zone you reside.

Remember to use spoiler tags when appropriate.

For those who have not played in a playthrough before, It’s OK to ask a question, e.g. I’m stumped on puzzle X. Can anyone help? without using a spoiler tag. However, when someone else says “this is how I solved that puzzle.” everything inside the quotes needs to be in a spoiler tag.

This may be elemental, but just in case…If something needs to be in a spoiler tag, simply type whatever it is, highlight it by dragging your mouse across it and click on the “spoiler” button at the top of the text box.

Just making sure everyone knows what they need to know. I know you guys know, but I wish someone would have done this for me when I played my first playthrough. So if there is a lurker out there who plans to join us for the Wednesday start, them’s the rules.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

And we’re off! Although I probably won’t leave the starting gate until this afternoon.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Well, I’m stuck at the action sequence. If I don’t get through it by the end of the night, I will ask for the saved game tomorrow.

Maybe things will get a little easier in the next section. The mechanics of the game are simple enough, but are different than what I’m used to. So, instead of 1/2 hour to get to this point, it probably took me closer to an hour.

I also didn’t know that the game saves only when you change location. If you decide to stop before finding out how to activate the book, and try to continue the game later, you will be starting from scratch.

I hope I don’t have to do the artillery fire all over again just to get the the action sequence. If so, I’m going to be real pissed.

Edit: I made it through! So I won’t be needing the saved game. Whew!

Hint: Relax. I have a tendency to tighten up during action sequences, and the tightness is my worst enemy. Take a deep breath, and don’t try to speed through it. I’ve also stopped as the dead fish scene come right after the action sequence.

Good game so far. The graphics are a bit morbid, but that is in keeping with the wood-cut look of the game. Hieronymus Bosch wasn’t above adding a little gore to his artwork.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Is anyone else playing?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-12-29

PM

That would be me.  Smile

I agree on the morbidity.  When I first played the game I wasn’t expecting the very first scene to have rat decapitation.  I figured he’d just get shooed away by the broom.  That action certainly set the tone for the game for me right out of the gate.

I really enjoyed the moat scene in this first leg of the game.  In particular I liked the use of the ladder.  I always appreciate it when an adventure uses the same item multiple times.

It occurred to me as I was playing today that I should point out that the game does have two possible endings.  In order to get one of the endings it’s necessary to pick up various flowers along the way.  This first stretch has three such flowers in it.  They can be located in the hut with the pentagram, the wall getting bombarded after all the cannon balls but before going out the exit, and by the big fish.  If anyone missed the one by the cannon balls let me know and I can post a save that has it in it so you don’t have to redo that stretch.

If you did miss any of the flowers you do not need to restart from the beginning.  You can use the Map option on the main menu to jump to the specific stage that has the flower in it.  Also, you don’t actually have to finish that stage again.  Once you pick up the flower the game will remember you have it for the ending.

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

rtrooney - 11 April 2018 10:01 PM

Is anyone else playing?

Some real life stuff came up but I’m looking forward to getting started today. Smile

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Yes, I’ve started playing but have got stuck on the action sequence. I managed to get through the 1st 2 sections but so far haven’t got through the last one - is there any particular strategy for this or is it just a matter of timing it to the last nano-second?  Laughing

I very much like the art-style & am enjoying the game-play (apart from the action part). I wondered though in the ‘tongues’ puzzle are there any reference for the symbols apart from the middle one or is it solved by trial & error as I did.?

EDIT: I’ve now done it & have arrived at the stopping point on the fish - yes, timing to the last nano-second! The only thing is I had quit the game & ended up having to go through the 1st 2 sections again so I’m now an expert at avoiding cannonballs!  Cool

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top