• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Longest Journey Inventory Puzzles?

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2018-03-10

PM

So I’ve heard great things about this game, but had a few questions before I dove in. All I know of the game is the infamous rubber duck puzzle and that there is a TON of dialog.

1. How are the inventory puzzles? Are there a good amount of them?
2. Do the puzzles have a lot to do with odd, alien technology like the dig? Or are they pretty grounded and logical?
3. I tried the game years ago and got turned off by the huge amount of dialog. Does this persist through the whole game?
4. Anything else I should know as someone who loves the more inventory based adventure games?

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

and I have just one question where were you past 20 years?

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 1266

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

The answer is easy: don’t let the tons of dialogue texts deprives you from enjoying one of the best adventure games ever.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2018-03-10

PM

Ha! Yeah I know. I did try it when it first came out, but like I said the huge amount of dialog put me off. But here I am ready (maybe) to try it out if the puzzles sound like my style and if the dialog eases up after the start.

Joined 2018-03-10

PM

walas74 - 11 March 2018 06:24 PM

The answer is easy: don’t let the tons of dialogue texts deprives you from enjoying one of the best adventure games ever.

What do you like most about it? The puzzles? The story?

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

hunter1979 - 11 March 2018 05:37 PM

So I’ve heard great things about this game, but had a few questions before I dove in. All I know of the game is the infamous rubber duck puzzle and that there is a TON of dialog.

Yes. It’s a looooooooong journey. The Longest.

2. Do the puzzles have a lot to do with odd, alien technology like the dig? Or are they pretty grounded and logical?

Some are logical, some are not.

3. I tried the game years ago and got turned off by the huge amount of dialog. Does this persist through the whole game?

Yes.

4. Anything else I should know as someone who loves the more inventory based adventure games?

I don’t know. Your critera for “good puzzles” are not clear to me.
Here are some questions for you:

1. Why not simply trust *your own* experience with TLE? If you stopped playing, hated the looooooong dialogues, chances are the game is not your cup of tea.
2. Are you going to start a new thread every time you want to know if the puzzles are good in a particular game?
3. I’ll repeat Gabe’s question: Where have you been the last 20 years? Haven’t you played anything since Sierra went belly up?

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2018-03-10

PM

Karlok - 11 March 2018 06:32 PM

Yes.

1. Why not simply trust *your own* experience with TLE? If you stopped playing, hated the looooooong dialogues, chances are the game is not your cup of tea.
2. Are you going to start a new thread every time you want to know if the puzzles are good in a particular game?
3. I’ll repeat Gabe’s question: Where have you been the last 20 years? Haven’t you played anything since Sierra went belly up?

Hmmm. So those inventory puzzles in TLJ… Good or no?

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

hunter1979 - 11 March 2018 06:49 PM

Yes.

AHA! A troll. Happy trolling!

PLOINK

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2018-03-10

PM

Karlok - 11 March 2018 06:51 PM
hunter1979 - 11 March 2018 06:49 PM

Yes.

AHA! A troll. Happy trolling!

PLOINK

Dry it up, man. You’re taking this all way too seriously. I’d say it was sad if it wasn’t so dern funny.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

TLJ isn’t really a game that is known for its puzzles. Its main focus is first and foremost the story and the exploration of the setting. And there’s a lot of story, as that alone makes it one of the longest adventure games out there.

Heck, slap a combat system and RPG mechanics to it, you’d get a game that would have easy 100+ hours of game time with a story that would beat most RPG’s out there.

Joined 2018-03-10

PM

tomimt - 11 March 2018 06:57 PM

TLJ isn’t really a game that is known for its puzzles. Its main focus is first and foremost the story and the exploration of the setting. And there’s a lot of story, as that alone makes it one of the longest adventure games out there.

Heck, slap a combat system and RPG mechanics to it, you’d get a game that would have easy 100+ hours of game time with a story that would beat most RPG’s out there.

That’s in the info I was looking for. Appreciate it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top