• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Have not we ALL got it here?...

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Gabe - 05 November 2017 01:53 PM

Advie, first we need to launch kickstarter.

but even, we need kinda what i mentioned at my last post, or its going to be a well known failed kickstarter… we need to know what we will show for people to take their money!!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

chrissie - 05 November 2017 01:45 PM
Oscar - 04 November 2017 06:22 PM
chrissie - 04 November 2017 04:33 PM

Presumptuous & sexist.  Thumbs Up

Lighten up, it was obviously a joke based on you being positive all the time and Lady Kestrel’s interest in books.

A joke really? If so why in the context of Advie’s very nice thread…...

“Have not we ALL got it here?...”

Advie - 01 November 2017 06:36 PM

There is are so many potentials here over the members and readers of this site; writers, programmers, designers, composers…etc

Everything we need to make an adventure by the real Adventuregamers here at adventuregamers(dot)com.

...........did an extremely opinionated post appear which quite blatantly excludes (apart from nomadsoul) exclusively only the 3 female members mentioned from any kind of creative/skillful input & denigrates their contribution to other stuff more appropriate for dealing with kids & I’m asked to ‘lighten up’! Sexism is NOT funny!

Because those are traits those 3 female members happened to exhibit on the forum? Why does it have to have anything to do with sex? If the traits mentioned were “knitting, washing dishes and cleaning” then you might have had a point.

Besides, it got you participating didn’t it?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

chrissie you have the biggest heart and mind, let it pass, and i promise if this approach happens again from the same poster i will do all what i can to take your rights back even if it coasts me being kicked out of the forums again

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Oscar - 05 November 2017 01:59 PM

Because those are traits those 3 female members happened to exhibit on the forum? Why does it have to have anything to do with sex? If the traits mentioned were “knitting, washing dishes and cleaning” then you might have had a point.

Lull into sleep, cookies are traits? Thats all they showed during whole lifetime here
I beg to differ, pretty condescending for even you to endorse it

Some legit community AG women players here just get honored by that? Not sure if serious

Advie - 05 November 2017 02:04 PM

even if it coasts me being kicked out of the forums again

If you want to make AG that could be representative of all the wisdom here then any kind of toxic attitude and mudslinging has to be stopped , else it will be counter productive sooner or later

Define roles and all have to agree on that without underlying salt, then move forward

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

There are also many traits that some of the male members exhibit - don’t persist Oscar as it’s very easy to pick out traits from any member here to suit purpose if necessary & twist them.

Advie - 05 November 2017 02:04 PM

chrissie you have the biggest heart and mind, let it pass, and i promise if this approach happens again from the same poster i will do all what i can to take your rights back even if it coasts me being kicked out of the forums again

Don’t get yourself into trouble again Advie! I will now let it go!  Smile

EDIT: Just seen your post nomadsoul.  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Advie and Phlebas: Story writing
Wilco and diego: Jokes
Leondaydreamer, Mr Underhill, Silverspook and SimonASA (devs?): Graphics
Advie/diego: Music and sfx
Sir Beardalot/Kurufinwe: Research team
Oscar: Puzzles and automaton expertise
Karlok: Helpful comments
nomadsoul: unhelpful comments
LadyKestrel: Bedtime stories to lull us to sleep after a day’s work
chrissie: cookies and encouragement

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

nomadsoul - 05 November 2017 02:17 PM

Lull into sleep, cookies are traits? Thats all they showed during whole lifetime here
I beg to differ, pretty condescending for even you to endorse it

It’s condescending for you to think of those traits as inferior. Tell me, what makes a “skilled” person so superior a human being to anyone else?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

nomadsoul - 05 November 2017 02:17 PM

Some legit community AG women players here just get honored by that? Not sure if serious

It wasn’t supposed to honor anyone. Poor Advie makes a thread to get people working together on a game, and no one posts anything for days. Then suddenly everyone jumps in when they feel they’ve been insulted by a joke. I don’t understand that.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 05 November 2017 04:48 PM

It’s condescending for you to think of those traits as inferior. Tell me, what makes a “skilled” person so superior a human being to anyone else?

How is making cookies and lulling to sleep got any bearing on making an AG game?
I hope you make a company and as a HR guy ask this question to hire a woman
Its stereotyping and we are brainstorming skills, its condescending because both women in question can do far more than that, dishonoring their experience

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Looks like this thread becoming an adventure.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Pretty ironic how someone trying to call out another on being discriminative towards women has posted numerous remarks tending towards the objectification of women in the TV-show/Movie thread.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 05 November 2017 05:27 PM

has posted numerous remarks tending towards the objectification of women in the TV-show/Movie thread.

Because only a salty guy like you can conflate media/entertainment/hollywood industry where girls are shooting themselves like that with current women issue, again no correlation whatsoever

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

If we can now leave discriminatory opinions behind (BTW discrimination is not funny & therefore NOT a joke) I would suggest for this project using the game engine AGS as I’ve seen so many variations as to it’s use & I thinks it’s free?  Smile

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

nomadsoul - 05 November 2017 05:39 PM
Origami - 05 November 2017 05:27 PM

has posted numerous remarks tending towards the objectification of women in the TV-show/Movie thread.

Because only a salty guy like you can conflate media/entertainment/hollywood industry where girls are shooting themselves like that with current women issue, again no correlation whatsoever

Such a strong counter-argument.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 05 November 2017 05:43 PM

Such a strong counter-argument.

There is no argument only salt
And listen to chrissie and avoid driveby shitposting
If you have issues PM me , dont need to hijack my comments in every thread with past grudges you have

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top