• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleLady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Beneath a steel sky

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2017-08-08

PM

Someone mailed Revolution about Beneath a steel sky and got this reply.

“Whilst we don’t have anything concrete we can share right now, we do hope that we have some exciting BASS news to share in the not too distant future.

Sorry I’ve only been rather vague in this email, but we do hope you’ll be excited by some news we’ll be able to publicly share soon!”

Beneath the Waves - Mystery Adventure Game

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I will become extremely excited if they officially announce Beneath a Steel Sky 2. A crowdfunding campaign could probably attract a decent number of backers. There have been rumors like this for many years though, so this vague statement does not get my hopes up.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I’d have guessed a remastered special edition was more likely than a sequel - would welcome either though!

Actually never mind a full remaster, if they made an edition without the pixel-hunt for the tongs right near the end I’d be tempted Smile

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

One of my favorite video games in the day.

I’d love a second game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

Think BASS2 is more likely then a remaster of the first as BASS still looks good and is free, but I’m not sure on another public funding venture. BS5 was good and probably one of the few game kickstarters that did go well but I think the timing for that was everything.

They’ve already done one and now public funding doesn’t pull the imagination like it once did either. Money is a concern for whatever they do mind. Think BS5 etc sold reasonable well, but I’m not sure how that translates to money needed to keep going.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Cecil said doing something with Davegibbons
Now thats original project or Bass related, no idea
In anycase more cecil the better

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I assume that mail is a nicer way of saying that they are working on a new game that will be announced when the time is right but it’s not BASS2. Could be wishful thinking though since I personally rather see a new game.  Crazy

Would obviously still be excited about the prospect of a sequel.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

BASS2 was a stretch goal on the Broken Sword 5 kickstarter, but it fell short.

Broken Sword is still their biggest and most recognisable franchise and probably the only thing that would attract a publisher at this point. It’s not like Revolution are prolific these days.

BS5 is getting some press at the moment with it being highlighted in the IOS store and it’s free on PSN this month.

Cecil did say a couple of years ago he was writing BS6 so I think if they ever make another game it would probably be BS6 rather than BASS2

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top