• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

kanaifuSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A petition for Disney to sell the Monkey Island rights to Ron Gilbert

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2010-09-19

PM

It’s several months old, but I believe it still makes sense to sign it.

https://www.change.org/p/disney-please-sell-the-rights-to-monkey-island-back-to-its-creator-ron-gilbert

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks Spiketheclown, I thought about it but no. Now at the risk of being lynched my decision is based on the fact that there are already 4 very good Monkey Island games + the Telltale series + quite a few freeware tributes too.

In the event of more games being made, ‘overkill’ springs to mind which have the potential of putting those earliest (3) superb games in the shade rather than them being cherished in their own right as an excellent series! i.e. quit while you’re ahead! In my mind MI4 was okay but the Telltale series should never have been made.  Smile

N.B. Developers should move on with different ideas.

Joined 2010-09-19

PM

But don’t you want to know the real Secret of Monkey Island and the explanation of MI2 ending?

Joined 2010-09-19

PM

Wow, it’s now over 10000 signatures!

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Spiketheclown - 05 October 2017 01:35 PM

But don’t you want to know the real Secret of Monkey Island and the explanation of MI2 ending?

Personally, I don’t, as anything Gilbert actually meant with either would be disappointing. That’s often the case with long-lasting secrets, they’re disappointing. Gilbert has even admitted that much himself as well.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Spiketheclown - 05 October 2017 01:35 PM

If it is anything as lame as Thimbleweed Park’s ending than no, I’d rather not know the meaning.

Joined 2010-09-19

PM

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

chrissie - 05 October 2017 01:08 PM

In my mind MI4 was okay but the Telltale series should never have been made.  Smile

I loved Tales of Monkey Island.

1. Tales
This game took the story to a whole new level, especially killing off Guybrush and then bringing him back from the dead.

2. Secret
This will always be my favorite one, as it was the first game I played.

3. Curse
Loved the style! <3

4. LeChuck’s Revenge
Even though it has an confusing ending, it’s still a good game. I remember I felt cheated about the ending. Cried for days.

5. Escape
This game didn’t feel like a Monkey Island game. They made Guybrush really dumb… I hated the game for it.

- Atle

Last Completed
Kelvin and the Infamous Machine ★★★

Currently Playing
The Night of the Rabbit 20% ★★★★★
Fran Bow 80% ★★★★
Batman: A Telltale Game Series 40% ★★★★★
Kelvin and the Infamous Machine 25% ★★★★

Next Up
Sam & Max: The Devils Playhouse (40%) on hold
The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles
Runaway: A Twist of Fate 50% (on hold)

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

chrissie - 05 October 2017 01:08 PM

In my mind MI4 was okay

It was a good adventure game, but it was a terrible Monkey Island. They ignored all the established lore and created their own. Herman Toothrot can’t be Horatio T. Marley, as he never lost his momory, and he didn’t reach the island in a storm, he deliberately sailed there, and then he got stuck on the island. Just play part 1 and part 4 again, you’ll see.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

its very nice when the world is doing the job for you, and you might even end up making some money too.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Is there any evidence that RG even wants the rights? I can think of any number of reasons why he wouldn’t.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2018-11-09

PM

That megacorp called “Disney” would ask [big IF] such an astronomical number, nobody would able to buy it.

The only [slim] hope is they decide it would be worth for them to sell it for a dollar or just give it back as a publicity stunt.

GRUNND.COM
A game, occasional podcast.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Tales of Monkey Island the series on Disney plus?  I could see that actually…..

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top