• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cage Match#8 (...Sure Seen This Coming) 

Poll: Daedalic vs TTG
Total Votes: 22
Daedalic Entertainment
Telltale Games

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

...and also to avoid a possible unfortunate result! Telltale was starting to get too close! Tongue

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sefir - 29 April 2015 06:36 PM

...and also to avoid a possible unfortunate result! Telltale was starting to get too close! Tongue

this is mean, do you think I* would cheat to make daedalic win?

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 29 April 2015 07:06 PM

If you did Advie I’m not sure I’d mind! - I haven’t played enough Telltale Games (well actually none except for the later CSI games!) to vote fairly in your poll but the TTG games for the most part seem to come across as slick very well done entertaining games specifically contrived to appeal to the AG market as opposed to Daedalic producing for the most part more thoughtful games? I don’t know - what are your thoughts & which of the 2 do you think are the most powerful (never mind who you prefer) TTG or Daedalic? I personally think that TTG have become the far larger ‘corporate’ company?

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Advie - 29 April 2015 05:37 PM

Daedalic Wins!

Check now Daedalic losses,what gives?

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I definitely saw the score being 10-8 to Daedalic yesterday, though. Wink

Probably just three trolls that came by this morning. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Advie declares a winner after X number of days, but voting remains open. The earlier Cage Matches can all still be voted in even after a winner is declared.

This thread got bumped by Advie declaring a winner. More people then voted, as is allowed. It seems more likely that the new votes are from casual visitors who didn’t know about the thread until it got bumped, or regular visitors who dragged their feet about voting, than from people trolling. (An overused word, in my opinion.)

Telltale is a better known company than Daedalic and make games well-received by the mainstream. It stands to reason that, given enough time, they would accumulate more votes than Daedalic. Public opinion polls are popularity polls.

I have no strong feelings about the outcome of the thread, so I haven’t voted.

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Caliburn - 30 April 2015 08:09 AM

Telltale is a better known company than Daedalic and make games well-received by the mainstream. It stands to reason that, given enough time, they would accumulate more votes than Daedalic. Public opinion polls are popularity polls.

That they are, though looking at the target audience for this poll, given that you need a user account on adventuregamers.com, I’d safely state that Telltale is not any more or less known than Daedalic. If you’d do such a poll on IGN or Gamespot, Telltale’d win it by a 95% margin I reckon.

EDIT:
Telltale wins? at least right now it seems Laughing

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

there is a simple rule to these cage matches, they end after a week, whether polls can be closed or not, these things had been discussed early when those cage matches started to take place. Please look at the cage matches overview thread to see the rule, http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/4666/

The poll had been settled at the original post of this thread, thanks all for voting.

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Of course not, I’m just joking. Thus the smiley. Wink

A closer result than I anticipated anyway….

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sefir - 30 April 2015 09:54 AM

Of course not, I’m just joking. Thus the smiley. Wink

A closer result than I anticipated anyway….

me too bro, (i am joking) but tho i dont use smileys and only few number here understands my Sarcasm, i still use it all the same Tongue

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Sorry, my post above was grumpier than necessary.

Anyway, interesting cage match with two prolific companies representing the traditional and non-traditional ends of the spectrum. It’s nice that we don’t really have to pick and both may be around in years to come.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Not at all Cali, if you think that post was grumpy, then i think i have made some other i deserve cutting off my pinky for Sarcastic

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top