• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

R64 Bracket 4 - The Big AG VS Tournament

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Match 1

Broken Age                       5

Match 2

Myst                           8

Match 3

Riven                         5

Match 4

The Black Mirror                   6

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

1. Dott
4. Full Throttle

DoTT vs Broken Age?  Cry
Had to give it to DoTT, but ultimately Broken Age was something more of an experiment, sand DoTT has been proven to have such staying power.

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

Match 1 - Broken Age
Match 4 - Full Throttle

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Broken Age
Myst
Riven
The Black Mirror

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Wow I am surprised how many people voted for Broken Age against DOTT. Broken Age is a good game but DOTT is a classic.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Day of the Tentacle
Loom
The Neverhood
Full Throttle

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2013-03-13

PM

1.) Day of the Tentacle (I haven’t played Broken Age yet, because it isn’t finished - and I don’t get why an unfinished game is even in the run for best adventure game of all time)
2.) Loom
3.) The Neverhood
4.) -  (haven’t played Black Mirror, and not a big fan of Full Throttle)

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

FrasierCrane - 08 January 2015 08:43 AM

1.) Day of the Tentacle (I haven’t played Broken Age yet, because it isn’t finished - and I don’t get why an unfinished game is even in the run for best adventure game of all time)
2.) Loom
3.) The Neverhood

To be honest, I don’t like Broken Age and sincerely doubt that I’m gonna like it any more when the second part is released, but as in any other art form, unfinished work can often be better than many completed ones (Mozart’s Requiem for example, and I’m in no way comparing it to Broken Age Smile ). But members thought it is good enough and even voted for it enough to advance through a group stage, so I’m not the one to forbid it from competing.
It seems that in this form it’s good enough to reach the top 64, but not above that, we’ll see if the complete version will do better.

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

3) Riven
4) Full Throttle

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Bogi - 08 January 2015 09:03 AM

2.) Loom
3.) The Neverhood

To be honest, I don’t like Broken Age and sincerely doubt that I’m gonna like it any more when the second part is released, but as in any other art form, unfinished work can often be better than many completed ones (Mozart’s Requiem for example, and I’m in no way comparing it to Broken Age Smile ). But members thought it is good enough and even voted for it enough to advance through a group stage, so I’m not the one to forbid it from competing.
It seems that in this form it’s good enough to reach the top 64, but not above that, we’ll see if the complete version will do better.

Very true, Sagrada Familia also comes to mind.

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2013-03-13

PM

SoccerDude28 - 08 January 2015 09:29 PM
Bogi - 08 January 2015 09:03 AM

2.) Loom
3.) The Neverhood

Very true, Sagrada Familia also comes to mind.

Of course I don’t want to forbid it, I just wanted to voice my opinion that it seems strange to me to be in between the best of the best. Smile
Mozart’s Requiem doesn’t seem to be the best comparison because Mozart died during its composition (and it was finished posthumously by Süßmayr). Let’s not hope Broken Age stays unfinished for of the same reason.
Sagrada Familia seems to be a better comparison because it’s unfinished for the same reason (i.e. being a money sink hole). Tongue

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

FrasierCrane - 09 January 2015 06:24 AM

Mozart’s Requiem doesn’t seem to be the best comparison because Mozart died during its composition. Let’s not hope Broken Age stays unfinished for of the same reason.
Sagrada Familia seems to be a better comparison because it’s unfinished for the same reason (i.e. being a money sink hole). Tongue

Sagrada Familia is expected to finish around 2026. Seems more like a comparison to Bracken Tor IMO.

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

FrasierCrane - 09 January 2015 06:24 AM

Of course I don’t want to forbid it, I just wanted to voice my opinion that it seems strange to me to be in between the best of the best. Smile
Mozart’s Requiem doesn’t seem to be the best comparison because Mozart died during its composition (and it was finished posthumously by Süßmayr). Let’s not hope Broken Age stays unfinished for of the same reason.

Of course, it is rather strange, but it seems some people really liked it, not me though Smile

Unfortunately I would really really like that this doesn’t happen to Monkey Island trilogy. I wouldn’t want that someone like Süßmayr completes Ron Gilbert’s work (as they already tried in CMI with catastrophic results - storywise and character development)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Bogi - 09 January 2015 06:39 AM

Unfortunately I would really really like that this doesn’t happen to Monkey Island trilogy. I wouldn’t want that someone like Süßmayr completes Ron Gilbert’s work (as they already tried in CMI with catastrophic results - storywise and character development)

CMI with results so catastrophic that it’s one of the favourites to win this tournament… Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

TimovieMan - 09 January 2015 06:52 AM

CMI with results so catastrophic that it’s one of the favourites to win this tournament… Wink

storywise and character development Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top