• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What to play next?

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2013-03-30

PM

I won’t keep a great souvenir of Night of the Rabbit.

If you don’t mind the old school graphics, I would suggest you to have a look to Wadjet Eye games, “Gemini Rue” (really enjoyed that one), “Resonance” (innovative system of memories) and “Primordia” (nice sci-fi universe).
I admit I had fun with “Hector: Badge of Carnage” and its slang and despicable character, but I waited for a sale on Steam as I read that they were a bit over-priced for the content.

Deponia serie is a great investment too, and I also had a very nice AG time with Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island (2010).  Smile

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-01

PM

Dag - 30 September 2013 08:51 AM
Roman5 - 30 September 2013 08:03 AM
Advie - 29 September 2013 08:59 PM

yer welcome Roman,but promise you will also try Edna & Harvey: The-Breakout (that if you haven’t already.. could it be?Shifty Eyed

Graphics look horribly simplistic on that. But I might give it a go.

True. I avoided E&H for a long time because of the uninspirational artwork. If you can get past it though, there’s a really great game underneath and Harvey is one of adventure gaming’s coolest sidekicks Smile

I avoided it like plague. Edna’s image without a mouth made me feel claustrophobic. I never intended to buy it, it just so happened that I received it in an extremely cheap bundle. That was a turning point in my life!
LOL, I’m exaggerating a bit, but you get the point. MUST PLAY!

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Cheshire Cat - 01 October 2013 11:21 AM

Edna’s image without a mouth made me feel claustrophobic.

I’m feeling this. But otherwise I’m not turned off by the graphics at all, it’s a nice style.

Still haven’t had the time to play the game but it’s very high on my to-play list.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2013-03-10

PM

millenia - 01 October 2013 01:56 PM
Cheshire Cat - 01 October 2013 11:21 AM

Edna’s image without a mouth made me feel claustrophobic.

I’m feeling this. But otherwise I’m not turned off by the graphics at all, it’s a nice style.

Still haven’t had the time to play the game but it’s very high on my to-play list.

You won’t be disappointed.
Its a very enjoyable game.
I love all daedalic games.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

I’ve been playing Whispered World and really enjoying it. Amazing how they’ve included so many dialogue options for clicking inventory items on everything in the world, must have taken ages to do that. Sadwick is cool and pretty funny Laughing. Now to find a fuse..

First registered in 2005. Original creator of: Place that Quote! - Adventure Game Sounds - Decipher the Anagram! - Name that Inventory! - A Face to Place!

Total Posts: 6595

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Roman5 - 03 October 2013 06:43 AM

Amazing how they’ve included so many dialogue options for clicking inventory items on everything in the world, must have taken ages to do that.

You haven’t seen Edna & Harvey. Wink

(although, I do think The Whispered World hit just the right balance who people who’re not that fond of reading, similar like Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

Just finished Whispered World. Brilliant game! Absolutely love Spot and all the comments Sadwick makes about him. Smile Bit of a sad ending though, but clever. I was doing fine without a walkthrough but it got a fair bit harder as it went on. Most of the things I got stuck on though were either missed hotspots or things that actually weren’t difficult but that I hadn’t tried when I thought I’d tried everything.

First registered in 2005. Original creator of: Place that Quote! - Adventure Game Sounds - Decipher the Anagram! - Name that Inventory! - A Face to Place!

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’d play Testament of Sherlock next, I’ve got this game and it looks really good.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

Just an update. I’ve now played most of the games recommended in this thread. Whispered World, NoTR, New Beginning, Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons, and have just completed Edna and Harvey Breakout. Enjoyed them all to different degrees, whispered world being my favourite.

I started Edna and Harvey end of last year, then gave it a break when I got stuck (and a little unmotivated by it) to play other games, but recently went back to it. My thoughts on it.

It’s definitely a classic, is a long game with tons to do and amazing amounts of dialogue and interaction. Really impressive how there’s so much dialogue for every item you click on with look at, pick up, talk to and use item.

Did I like the game? Yes, I did, but with reservations. The comedy wasn’t really that funny except now and then. Harvey’s voice seemed really stupid and childish to me, until I got used to it and it grew on me. Solving puzzles was fun. The jazzy soundtrack was nice. Yet throughout the game, I half wished it to finish just so I can get back to a game which has more lush graphics. Those retro simplistic graphics are ‘ok’ but a bit crsppy to look at after a while. The save and load times are far too slow. So yeah, it is a very good game, but I don’t really think I have any interest to play the second in the series.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top