• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 1 May 2014

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Bastich - 03 May 2014 12:22 AM

It’s a lot like riding a bike though in that you never really lose the skill and that Europe song isn’t all that difficult to play.

Perhaps the chorus, which everyone knows (I think it’s banned in music stores along with Stairway to Heaven and Nothing Else Matters Grin Grin), but those quick licks resembling the tapping technique are a tough job.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Bastich - 01 May 2014 11:42 PM
Advie - 01 May 2014 09:59 AM

Ok ,I think can post something that has nothin to do with adventuring.

Ha ha! It worked! I knew I could get you to come out of hiding with some guitar playing. Smile

Gasp
Got me!

That not a les Paul ,right ,Ibanez i guess?.

The last electric guitar I purchased (22 years ago!!) and which I used to record that is a 1992 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 10 Top like the one for sale here.

I m right and wrong ,then ,the guitar’ sound did not sound anywhere near Norum’s les Paul ,the more aggressive pickups sound reminded me of the Ibanez ,somehow.

diego - 03 May 2014 06:26 AM
Bastich - 03 May 2014 12:22 AM

It’s a lot like riding a bike though in that you never really lose the skill and that Europe song isn’t all that difficult to play.

Perhaps the chorus, which everyone knows (I think it’s banned in music stores along with Stairway to Heaven and Nothing Else Matters Grin Grin), but those quick licks resembling the tapping technique are a tough job.

You nailed it man ,but for me I have different look to those two songs you mentioned ,nothing else and stairway but add hotel California ,I always thought/felt that when anyone asks me to play them humiliated ,yea ,“it’s Enough!!”,“let anyone else plays them for you”
I hope that makes any sense for you or anyone!.

I am not sure by resembling the tapping technique meaning ,isn’t those more like ‘rapid arpeggio alternate picking style’ ?,damn I am sure there is a shorter word to describe that ‘two string picking style’ Meh ,but my memory just can’t help me ,like always.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advie - 03 May 2014 07:41 AM

I am not sure by resembling the tapping technique meaning ,isn’t those more like ‘rapid arpeggio alternate picking style’ ?,damn I am sure there is a shorter word to describe that ‘two string picking style’ Meh ,but my memory just can’t help me ,like always.

You’re right, at first I thought it sounded like the tapping, but looking at video this is how he plays it:

it’s a very tough technique, though. It reminds me of Adrian Smith’s solo from 3:30 - I could never get that notes right Angry

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top