• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Which version of Broken Sword 1?

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

If you’ve NEVER played the original, (like myself) the director’s cut works just fine (because obviously you don’t notice any differences…:P). For long-time fans, it’s obviously the original or nothing! Smile

But, yeah, DC was my first experience with BS1 and I thought it was fantastic.

And I have no immediate urge to go play the original version either. The DC felt like a complete experience to me. But I know I’ll be alone in that..Wink

Good storytelling is good storytelling. BS1- whichever version you get- has it in spades.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

A.A: While the Director’s Cut is still great I think it’s slightly hurt in the comedy department as a lot of good dialog has been cut for whatever version. While I have a lot of concerns about Director’s Cut this really is the biggest one.

If you ever choose to replay the game at any point, go for the original instead, there’s a lot more good interaction to be had both from extra conversation and hot spots :-)

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2010-09-04

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 07 September 2012 11:47 PM

A.A: While the Director’s Cut is still great I think it’s slightly hurt in the comedy department as a lot of good dialog has been cut

I am really surprised at this. I recently played the DC and was astounded by the amount of dialogue and great comedy. Is it possible that while that dialogue was great it was a little too much? I cannot imagine even more dialogue making the game better.

And I am not sure about the original intro, but I absolutely loved the added prologue. Very fun and a great way to get the player into the story.

Total Posts: 1082

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Some of the dialogue has been touched up too, and not necessarily in a good way. In the original game, after the bombing, George says:

“As I picked myself up, all I could hear was the ceaseless drone of traffic. Life went on around me, but the explosion was to change my life forever.”

In the Director’s Cut, this line becomes: “As I picked myself up, I was really angry. One minute I was on vacation and the next the cafe was exploded by a guy in a clown costume. I knew right away what I was going to do. I was going to find that clown and bring him to justice. Because Justice matters. Justice is up there with Liberty. And Equality. And er… Fraternity. After all, that’s why I studied law, wasn’t it? Well, that…and the money, of course.”

This is just from beginning figure the rest of dc bs..

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 6595

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Even bigger problem with the DC is that some of the puzzles (some of them the legendary ones like the goat puzzle), have not only been made easier but completely removed, without the good reason whatsoever.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2012-02-15

PM

I think D.C. watered down version of the original.

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2010-09-04

PM

Well that first sentence definitely seems better. “As I picked myself up, all I could hear was the ceaseless drone of traffic. Life went on around me, but the explosion was to change my life forever.”.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

Well, the goat puzzle sucked, so its taming/removal would speak for the Director’s Cut, as would the removal of a possible dead end shortly after the goat puzzle. I haven’t played the Director’s Cut, but I was disappointed to hear that they removed the death scenes.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top