• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieNelza

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dreamfall Chapters

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

If you go back and read the Kickstarter page it addresses the Dreamfall ending.

The Undreaming is Unchained.
The last time we met Zoë Castillo, the Dreamer, she was in a deep coma. She had saved the world from the ghost in the machine that had taken residence in the ethereal realm of the Winter, but in the end Zoë was betrayed and left for dead. Her body is now in a hospital in Casablanca.
Her mind, however, is elsewhere.
Trapped inside the mysterious Storytime, Zoë must learn to control her dreams and confront the past before she can resume her life.
In Arcadia, we witnessed April Ryan, the Shifter, mortally wounded by one of the Azadi, foreign invaders of the Northlands. Kian Alvane, an assassin working for the rulers of the Azadi nation, has been sentenced to death for treason. He awaits execution in the prison tower of Friar’s Keep.
In our world, Stark, the shadowy corporation WatiCorp has released the Dreamer. Half the world is hooked up to the dream machine, and society is crumbling. And in Marcuria, the Azadi are cementing their power once more, while their mystical tower continues to harvest dreams.
Unless something is done, unless our heroes can awake and be reborn, the future is bleak. What is WatiCorp planning? Who is the Prophet? How are the Azadi involved?
The answers to those questions will be found in Dreamfall Chapters.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I must admit that I also interpreted the ending as Zoe had died. But at the same time it was also clear that it wasn’t completely the end of Zoe and that she would end up somewhere inside storytime, or something similar like what happened to her sister Faith. I however didn’t anticipate that Zoe would return as one of the protagonists.

That April didn’t die was I believe, pretty obvious, and I believed the sequel would be with April and Kian as the protagonists.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

They haven’t shipped the t-shirts yet or anything, right? Just double checking.

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Rezzed Demo

Starts at 3hrs, 10mins

Is it old or new? not at home right now.

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

They show the intro and some of the gameplay from the beginning of the game, new stuff to me. It looks really good, I love what they’re doing with the choice system.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Oh my goodness! I had to pick my jaw of the floor afterwards. (it’s a very serious medical condition) When they started showing some of the ingame footage I thought “my this looks really good” but then when they started the demo and showed some of the actual gameplay I was flabbergasted, I was blown away. It’s just so beautiful. Not just the writing and the environments but also the tasks you have to perform. They are so well thought out and meaningful. Everything about the demo made me feel all warm inside. I can’t wait to play this game! Also Tornquist and Bruusgaard are such great guys! I always liked Tornquist in interviews but Bruusgaard always came off kinda awkward in those Secret World videos. But he was so nice in this one and I love the rapore those two have. Wonderful video. Made my day. Thanks for sharing.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Very nice new footage, the engine looks very solid. The game is coming to a next-gen console, PS4 probably?

The trailer for Draugen looked great promising. VR focus and a kickstarter coming soon.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Wow! Fantastic! I can’t wait to play this. It seams we’re going to have another hell of a game.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I really like the look of the Rezzed demo. Red Thread is pretty much exeeding my expections with this. I’m so glad I backed.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 29 March 2014 08:06 PM

The trailer for Draugen looked great promising. VR focus and a kickstarter coming soon.

Man they should wait for properly releasing DChap first.

What the hell.

Not that i mind Nordic horror but want good productivity and
no delays. Nordic stuff is always plus in my book.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top