• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Heroine’s Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok - now on Steam

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

That doesn’t really answer my question, does it? You could also feasibly wait in-game, it only takes a couple of clicks. That being said, it looks like an extra bit of frustration for the sake of making the game more realistic.

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2005-01-25

PM

It can be a bit frustrating occasionally (particularly later in the game, when the scripts start to get somewhat repetitive), but I think it’s worth it for giving you a real sense of these people going about their lives, working, hanging out, and generally acting as a real community. And even when frustrating, it has a gameplay function: part of the game is planning your activities around the time of day/night.

Total Posts: 2077

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Antrax - 07 February 2014 08:39 AM

That doesn’t really answer my question, does it? You could also feasibly wait in-game, it only takes a couple of clicks. That being said, it looks like an extra bit of frustration for the sake of making the game more realistic.

It adds so much to the gameplay, that I can hardly see it as “frustrating”. You might as well get frustrated, because you are made to explore a huge map on foot or to train your skills in order to advance. What do you want, it’s an open-world game. I often get frustrated by complete the opposite - still, lifeless worlds and linearity that dominate most adventure games.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 137

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

I love this game! Just had to say Grin Will post more once I’ve played through it.

Total Posts: 52

Joined 2013-02-23

PM

We are happy to say that Heroine’s Quest is now available for free on Steam, thanks to Screen7 (publisher of The Cat Lady and the upcoming The Samaritan Paradox).

http://store.steampowered.com/app/283880

There are a bunch of achievements set up, so enjoy Smile

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

That’s pretty fantastic. This game really deserves it.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Has to be the best non-commercial adventure game ever! If you are making more adventure games, please let us know where to donate, it almost feels wrong playing this for free Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

I totally agree, it’s like going to the inn, eating piles of lamb and pig roast, while pouring gallon of wine over it and then barmaid comes and says: “it’s on the house” (and even winks at you), it just feels sooooo wrong!

I would even donate retroactively for this gem.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Bogi - 20 March 2014 09:35 PM

I totally agree, it’s like going to the inn, eating piles of lamb and pig roast, while pouring gallon of wine over it and then barmaid comes and says: “it’s on the house” (and even winks at you), it just feels sooooo wrong!

Hehehe, well said Grin

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

You guys noticed the “Paypal donate” button on their main page, right?
http://www.crystalshard.net/

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Fizzii - 20 March 2014 04:55 PM

We are happy to say that Heroine’s Quest is now available for free on Steam

Any chance this means you ditched the 50 save limit?

Total Posts: 52

Joined 2013-02-23

PM

Antrax - 21 March 2014 01:08 AM
Fizzii - 20 March 2014 04:55 PM

We are happy to say that Heroine’s Quest is now available for free on Steam

Any chance this means you ditched the 50 save limit?

I’m afraid not. The 50 save game limit is actually an engine limit, I believe. But it’s better than the 20 save game slots it used to be limited to Smile

You can always back up save games, and then put them back into the save game folder later. They should be located in C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Saved Games\Heroine’s Quest saved games.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top