• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Your favorite game “features”?

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2013-03-30

PM

One more interesting topic.  Laughing

A point I’d like to talk about is not really a “feature”, but a general thought about AGs gameplay: the level of difficulty.
Even if it’s related, I’m not seeing it in the same way than offered MI2 (remember the choice between “hard” and “lite” mode ?). I’d rather like than game designers aim for a strong level of difficulty and then offer the possibility to choose the way to play.
Not that it’s a pleasure to be stuck for hours, but I think that some players like the “graphic novel” way while others would prefer the Pixels Hunter mode (and I prefer the 2nd one).

So, for example, the “graphic novel” way would offer the “already used/seen hotspot” feature or the hotspot revelator, while the other mode would make the player think hard and pray for not knowing the shame to look at a soluce.  Grin

(I wouldn’t say that difficulty is always a pleasure (but solving a puzzle, yes!), but I just finished Gemini Rue (thanks to the crazy Steam sales) and I only miss stronger challenges to think that I played to a perfect game).

In the same spirit of opening adventure games to the widest range of AG players, I also think to Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, and its ways to progress in the game (action, riddles or team, if I’m right).

To finish, I’ll quote an already quoted point, the memories system of Resonance. Yeah, can’t wait to see this reused in a next game ! Cool

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top