• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Microïds game - The Inquisitor

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Monolith - 11 March 2013 04:27 PM

Obviously neither since the best Adventure games had excellent graphics and brilliant story. lol Everyone has the need to say that such opposites are true, but it isn’t. Like I said, graphics == aesthetics. If Gabriel Knight 3 had better graphics, it would of been a better game.

That doesn’t follow at all. The fact that you’re able to isolate the part of graphical image which you call “aesthetics” means that aesthetics is just one part of graphics, among other parts. There is more to graphics than that, which a game like Gabriel Knight 3 shows very well. If, as you suggest, they were 2D instead we wouldn’t have the wonderful ability to zoom around the room. There’s an aesthetic part to that too, but it’s also a highly functional use of graphics, a feel for the environment which you don’t get in 2D. I won’t say it’s better, but it was a bold choice by Jensen for functionality over aesthetics.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Zifnab - 11 March 2013 09:21 PM
Monolith - 11 March 2013 04:27 PM

Obviously neither since the best Adventure games had excellent graphics and brilliant story. lol Everyone has the need to say that such opposites are true, but it isn’t. Like I said, graphics == aesthetics. If Gabriel Knight 3 had better graphics, it would of been a better game.

That doesn’t follow at all. The fact that you’re able to isolate the part of graphical image which you call “aesthetics” means that aesthetics is just one part of graphics, among other parts. There is more to graphics than that, which a game like Gabriel Knight 3 shows very well. If, as you suggest, they were 2D instead we wouldn’t have the wonderful ability to zoom around the room. There’s an aesthetic part to that too, but it’s also a highly functional use of graphics, a feel for the environment which you don’t get in 2D. I won’t say it’s better, but it was a bold choice by Jensen for functionality over aesthetics.

I found the control scheme in GK3 brilliant. It worked very well in an adventure, added dimension to the surroundings and the puzzles. The graphics themselves could have been better but the 3D was very well implemented to the game. I wish they’d take the idea and fine tune it to other adventure games.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Ag making become so easy over the years as proof here’s another example.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

millenia - 10 July 2013 11:41 AM

I found the control scheme in GK3 brilliant. It worked very well in an adventure, added dimension to the surroundings and the puzzles. The graphics themselves could have been better but the 3D was very well implemented to the game. I wish they’d take the idea and fine tune it to other adventure games.

Oh definitely. I remember GK3 coming out and thinking this was a new era for adventure games, with this kind of control and graphics. It’s hard to believe no other game went on to use a similar system, even Jane’s!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Feedback after 15 mins of playing, the game has a nice atmosphere and controls ,the CoMI simple coin interface , and its not that kind of episodes we had been encountering lately it more like a part as its not small/short (i watched the gameplaying but did not spoil it just hopped through it to know how long it is) .
the graphics looks much more better than what appeared at the Screens posted earlier at this thread, also at last gotta mention it has nice cut scenes so far.

P.S:i am not praising the game , just telling facts i wanted to post due to the previous-es comments about the game low outlook .... one thing is totally turned me of but i accepted it anyway, the price is too high, way too high for a game that is just an Episode or a part.there are full games (better too) way cheaper than it.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I also thought the screenshots on the online stores look better than the early ones on this thread. Not amazing but not crap by any means. But this is another game that is quite low on my list, I have like 200 adventures waiting.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2011-07-21

PM

You better check the REAL screenshots.
http://adventures-index9.blogspot.gr/2012/03/nicolas-eymerich-inquisitor-i-plague.html
The graphics are ok. The game is bad…

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

All I can say about the game: “bad, bad and bad”.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

UruBoo - 13 July 2013 09:43 AM

All you can say? You must be able to tell us why. From what Advie described it sounds okay and 2 other people have just said ‘bad’, which doesn’t tell us if much, at least if we would want to buy it or not.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

For starts, the graphics are aged. Looks like a 10 years old game. Second, the voice/actions of the main character is not of my taste, like being “forced” to express himself. Third, he keeps repeating the objectives all the time, interfering even with a puzzle, because you can’t do anything while he is speaking. I almost gave up in one puzzle that requires timing and he was keep speaking. You can click to stop him speaking, but is anoying all the same. So, for me, not a good game. And the story/script is not of my taste also, talking about religion and inquisition. Some may enjoy it but that is not my case.

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2010-09-04

PM

UruBoo - 13 July 2013 09:43 AM

Yep.

There is not a good, well made, element in the entire game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top