• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Possibility of a new Discworld game?

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

It doesn’t have to be a new Rincewind game, but if it was i would diffidently vote for Eric Idle.

There are so many great character to choose from in the Discworld universe, the Small Gods universe is an great idea, Susan Sto Hellit is another great idea, Sam Vimes, Granny Weatherwax also possible, Lobsang Ludd & Lu-Tze would probably be my favorite choice.

And i would really like to see the Auditors of Reality in a game.

I wouldn’t mind if the game was in the same style as Discworld Noir and used the same puzzle design. Discworld Noir is my favorite game in the series.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Jatsie - 12 March 2013 02:55 PM

I had no idea that Pratchett had a daughter, let alone that she was so involved in the video game industry. It would be great to get her on on board with a new title.

She wrote the Mirror’s Edge game as well as Heavenly Sword and the Overlord games.

She is all over the news at the moment as she wrote the new Tomb Raider game that just came out.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

When I said I’d like a new Telltale Discworld game, I meant a proper ADVENTURE GAME Telltale game. Not another Jurassic Park/Walking Dead.

Tales of Monkey Island and Sam and Max (series 2 and 3) were brilliant, and their work on Wallace and Gromit proved they’re capable of capturing British humour perfectly.

A Discworld TellTale game makes a whole lot more sense to me than a King’s Quest Telltale game. And episodic format could work for it quite well, I think.

Meh…whatever.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Jatsie - 12 March 2013 02:55 PM

I’ve always felt that the Discworld would be a great setting for some form of RPG game, just because of the size of the established world, but I have no idea really how that would work in practice.

RPG universes need their own set of rules. Discworld more or less has no rules. Implementation might be problematic… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Heavenly Sword is pretty bad but I really liked Mirror’s Edge. I’d be interested to see what she could do with an adventure IP.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

You’re crazy! Heavenly Sword was awesome! Smile Andy Serkis and Anna Torv were incredible. Mirror’s Edge on the other hand, though an interesting game,  I’m convinced it would’ve been much better if presented in 3rd person view. I tried a 3rd person-view patch (or maybe there actually was a button for it in-game, I don’t quite remember), but it looked horrible, stiff and robotic Confused

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

boooo, we still cant buy the old ones in digital form. (that im aware of). lets get those on gog and then talk about new games…wishful thinking… i know..
And yeah, the puzzles were ruthless and brutal… but more in a magical charming way… and less in a head-smash-keyboard way Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top