• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Good news: Ragnar is making Dreamfall Chapters

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

inm8#2 - 03 February 2013 02:24 PM

As if I didn’t love Zoe’s character enough…wow, that looks fantastic. Pre-rendered, sure, and probably not in-game, but still fantastic.

Hope the engine hits the level of fidelity, all the more reason to fall in love with
her. I expect them to levelup their engine if its faroff,since nextgen will atleast hit this level.

EDIT: Ragnar confirmed its Zoe.

Smile

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2004-02-18

PM

From what I’ve heard, I would not be surprised if that is the level of detail they’re aiming for ingame.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/redthread/dreamfall-chapters-the-longest-journey

Dreamfall kickstarter has been launched.

Looking for $850,000.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Great news!! Their target seems a very realistic one… I will certainly contribute, though I am slightly disappointed that Zoe will be one of the mains (I prefered April instead) but the first images and the game’s description in general (interface,etc) look very promising! Smile

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Thought the pitch video was a little flat - you need to make these Kickstarter projects feel like an EVENT.

Still, very impressed with what they showed. This should be good.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sefir - 08 February 2013 08:28 AM

though I am slightly disappointed that Zoe will be one of the mains

I agree. I’m very happy to see the continuation of the saga, but it seems like rehashing old ground from Dreamfall.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2004-02-18

PM

Well, think of it this way, if they announced April was the main character, they’d kinda ruin the surprise for when we find out she’s still alive.

I hope she’s still alive.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I agree, but hey, don’t listen to me - I’m one of those few people who didn’t like Dreamfall. Wink

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I’m happy this is happening! Finally!

My only problem with it is that, if the Kickstarter video is any indication, Ragnar Tørnquist is still unable to write anything that doesn’t involve talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking. Oh well.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Kolorabi - 08 February 2013 08:58 AM

Well, think of it this way, if they announced April was the main character, they’d kinda ruin the surprise for when we find out she’s still alive.

I hope she’s still alive.

“In Arcadia, we witnessed April Ryan mortally wounded by one of the Azadi, fundamentalist foreign invaders of the Northlands.” (from the kickstarter page)

I’m very confident she is still alive Smile

They have already reached about 115.000$ out of the goal of 850.000, so it would surprise me if they dont get more then they are asking for.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2006-06-19

PM

Schneckchen ^.^ - 01 November 2012 01:16 PM

Great news! I was worried we’d never see how the story unfolds. I can’t wait for more info on this! I’m no big fan of the Episodic model though (if that’s what they’re still planning) but I’ll take what I can get.

Agree! I am excited to see these chapters emerge and by the sounds of it, it will be done in a very big and fabulous way. Glad they kept saying “mature” to describe the game content and play as most of us who have waited to see April rescued from apparent death are much much older now than when this series started.  And as for those who kept insisting that Dreamfall really had/was the ending … well, they now know they guessed wrong because the one sure conclusion is that AprilLives!

Life is a riddle waiting to be solved.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top