• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Memorable scenes in adventure games

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Let’s talk about some scenes from adventure games that really struck a chord with you. It might be a sequence of events, or a single gesture, or just a particular setting, a mood, if you will.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

My answers are very predictable/boring I’m sure:

The intro of Broken Sword
The Ending of Syberia 2

The cut scene at the beginning of 15 Days showing the 2 guys scaling the clock-face of the Big Ben tower in London to see later that they’d stolen some of the digits for their flat-mates birthday! 
Laughing

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Opening to full throttle, the dig, and day 2 in blade runner game.

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The horse ride in the Irish section of Beyond Atlantis
The roller coaster ride in Amateria in Myst III

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

All the werewolf scenes I can think of were cool and memorable: Gabriel Knight 2, Goblins 3, Veil of Darkness, Discworld Noir (ok, haven’t really played that one, but read a lot about it and watched the intro). Might be one the most successful horror trope in games in general - just thinking of that big bad bastard from Bloodlines makes me feel uncomfortable.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m sure there are many that will come to mind after I write this, but the “tram” sequence at the beginning of Syberia 4 was incredible. The attention to detail with things like the shadows the trees would cast on the top of the tram as it moved by were awesome. I’ve never seen anything like it. And I’ve been playing games for a long time.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 142

Joined 2019-05-03

PM

If I try to just let my head play adventure game memories without deliberate guidance to the process, so to speak, I mostly get weird little tidbits.

Like the dog-leash puzzle in Blackwell.
Some sort of corridor-door-puzzle in Gray Matter.
Some bits of Indy Fate of Atlantis.

That sort of stuff. If I try thinking of deliberately memorable moments I mostly draw a blank, to be honest ^^;

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Gabriel Knight - Sins of Fathers. The climax in Africa. It’s shocking, and also kind of stupid. I can’t really decide which.

The ending of Dreamfall with the Zonkers “easter egg”. I still cry.

Lauren Blackwell chilling in the balcony smoking - while the player knows what will happen to her in the future.

I have to be vague because these all so spoilerish.

The whole of Discworld Noir is fabulous with a fantastic tone.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

One of my absolute favourite scenes is in Syberia 1 when the crazy mine director captures the opera singer in the cage. It’s just a well-done scene. There she is, regaining her voice again, only the end up captured by a crazy fan.

The intro of Day of the Tentacle. It sets up the tone of the rest of the game perfectly. Comedy-wise, you know exactly what style to expect.

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Surprised no one has mentioned it so far but the year 2 transition/Rubacava from Grim Fandango is in the clouds. All time great moment in gaming period, let alone adventure games.

The mirror puzzle in Another Code that actually used the reflective surface of the DS screen blew my mind when I was in junior high.

Also gatta go with the moment you realize Carla has different insults in Secret of Monkey Island, it’s just classic.

Adding another, cutting Clementine’s hair in The Walking Dead, super emotional scene, lays out the father role Lee has taken on and perfectly foreshadows Clem’s development over the next games.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Smile

Nice examples - I want to respond to a couple, but for now I want to add to millenia’s shoutout to Lauren Blackwell with another scene from Blackwell Unbound.

Lauren and C Sharp casually flirting. He’s mostly being slick - I mean, he calls himself C Sharp. She’s humouring him, but he’s charming enough and probably beyond expectations and other illusions at this point in his life.

She’s literally haunted by a past and a demanding, manipulative voice in her head. This is something she had to accept, including it’s (or his) impact on her social and intimate life; tonight, she’s just going to pretend this family legacy has not disrupted her entire being.

Joey doesn’t approve. It’s petty, but also genuinely sad.

The music is nice as well. It’s the main theme of the series, just kind of riffing on that, switching one style of playing for another - very piano bar appropriate.

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Well, I know it will be probably something I just love and I’m not sure if I can explain why, but in Primordia (one of my favorite adventure games ever), the moment when you solve the Kiosk puzzle and Memento Moribuilt appears, is for me an absolutely masterpiece: the music, the voices, the damn well written dialogs, the devastating feeling at the end of the conversation…

Please, if you have played the game, just watch it once more, hopefully you will see it with my eyes and feel overwhelmed as I did…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2012-06-18

PM

This Smile

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2022-06-24

PM

Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon: The Transylvania chapter is a treat, I especially like the saloon and ending scenes.

The DOTT and Fate of Atlantis opening credits are funny and delightful to watch.

Discworld Noir: The werewolf twist gave me goosebumps.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top