• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiegrizzlypantsSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cant get Kentucky Route Zero to this day

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

is it just me?

i feel like i am giving up on the best adventure that couldn’t be.. if that makes any sense.

this is my 2nd time to engage with it, and tho i went a bit far than the first time i still couldn’t finish the first part.

i can’t tell what the game is about, any adventure you can get a sense of it after 10-20 mins, but here i find my senses dangling between confusion and awe; confusion with choices that i make and awe with its scenery.

does it get more ‘solid’ with the rest of the parts, or this is how it works all along?

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Contrary to my experience with women, the first impression with games is usually right from my point of view - BUT, there were some games that were tedious at the beginning, only later to blossom into a fantastic journey (The Longer Journey, anyone?).

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

diego - 03 March 2022 11:00 AM

Contrary to my experience with women, the first impression with games is usually right from my point of view

oh man, you can’t be that fool diego Wink or on a 2nd thought i guess you are right there

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

there what i call the ‘test drive’ for most of any new acclaimed games is to give it a fast 5-10 mins run to get an idea of how its mechanism works, first of all, sometimes it captures me right on the head, and sometimes it is a ‘no, no’ and there are even times I can go for an hour until you figure how bad it is, and give up on it.

here with Route Zero there are those glimpses of AWE, really, and right after it’s confusing… and after a bit more than an hour, i really couldn’t tell,  this might be the greatest adventure and i am too dumb to understand and need to move on on it

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I think Kentucky Route Zero either grabs you or it doesn’t. Advie, you’re a ‘seasoned’ AG player
- right ..... so you’ve got to ask yourself if you think you’re too dumb to understand it is it really a candidate for the greatest adventure?  Laughing

I liked the game a lot, it’s interesting but not a favourite & not worth beating yourself up if you can’t get on with it - it’s an acquired taste I think. 
  Smile

Total Posts: 1266

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Kentucky Road Zero is one of the best experiences I had in my life. Notice I don’t say “game”, because I am not sure I can give it that name. But honestly, if you don’t like the beggining, you probably won’t like the rest, it get’s even weirder.

But if I were you, I will give it a try. For me it was fascinating. Yes, a lot of reading and few ‘puzzles’, but the environment got me.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

chrissie - 03 March 2022 03:56 PM

I liked the game a lot, it’s interesting but not a favourite & not worth beating yourself up if you can’t get on with it
  Smile

walas74 - 03 March 2022 04:43 PM

if you don’t like the beggining, you probably won’t like the rest, it get’s even weirder.

so it doesn’t require the urge of getting on with its ‘first part’ and then ‘things would be different’ kinda motion, as with games like TLJ or one of your favs chrissie, So Blonde.. i get it, that’s what i needed to know

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

It’s really not like one of those games at all Advie. Just leave behind your expectations & go with the flow of the game - yes, it’s more of an experience that may be enjoyable…but like with many more regular games not to everyone’s taste…..i.e. if you don’t like it fair enough.  Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i REALLY appreciate its art and i hate to be the one to give on up a game that is made exactly the way i think ‘art’ should, esp. when bypassing all boundaries and just going with some feeling, no matter how irregular or vague it would sound trying to describe it, but however, i can see i am not at this state of mind to appreciate a game like this, maybe some day, i am sure i would..

man! the TV/Garden visual trick shot at the beginning, or the part when the protagonist becomes an NPC, changing roles back forth, and then vice versa, and again. crazy stuff really Laughing

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I haven’t finished KRZ yet because I want to be able to really dive into it. I played it one chapter at a time now and they’ve taken a few hours each. I don’t want to interrupt the experience mid-chapter and I don’t want to try to play it when I can give it all of my attention.

So I think it’s heavy duty, but it is very interesting and I’ve liked it a lot.

Some time ago I tried another “art game” which was Genesis Noir and I thought I would love it, but no. That was a game I just couldn’t get in to. I can appreciate some aspects of it but I left it unfinished and don’t even feel bad about it.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 1266

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I still can remember vividly driving through the Road Zero, and the musical performance “Too Late to Love You” in ACt III, which gives me goose bumps every time I watch it and listen to it, just like Rebeca del Río singing “Llorando” in Mulholland Drive…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Surreal confusion is the name of the game. Like the david lynch style it resembles, it has moments of strong solid clarity. I think it was the third episode i found to be particularly strong and clear. But in the end its all about the confusion and what you interpret from it. I liked it. Definitely not for everyone.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

It’s kinda game that gives me sleep,recommend anyone who suffers from insomnia.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Gabe - 09 March 2022 04:11 PM

It’s kinda game that gives me sleep,recommend anyone who suffers from insomnia.

That’s pretty funny. KRZ is a game that simply won’t appeal to everyone. It does have its followers however.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top