• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

March Adventures

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Of the five games in the recent tableau of trailers two pique my interest. Far is the first one. Unfortunately, I’m drawn to it because of the graphics, but I really can’t get a feeling for what the story is all about. I’ve often complained that people recommend new games base on the graphics alone. “Let he who is without sin cast the first stone!” I confess that I am not without sin. It’s well known that I am not fond of what is termed “retro graphics.” So, despite the fact that I love this game’s graphics, I will wait to see some good reviews. If there are any, I will jump on it.

The other “must have” game is, obviously, Syberia. I’ve already bought into the storyline with the first two games. The third iteration was something that should never have happened. The demo of this game didn’t excite me much. I thought the 3D controls were clunky at best. But the recent Preview on AG tells me that all the bugs have been eradicated. I will be surprised if this game isn’t nominated for the next AGCPT. I’ll nominate it and cast a vote for it now.

The other three games are “Meh” to me. The graphics did not excite me. But more than that, none of the three trailers gave me a clue as to what the game was all about.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Regarding FAR: Changing Tides, you could try the original FAR: Lone Sails to see if you like the storytelling and gameplay style before you commit to buying the sequel. It’s 80% off right now on Steam which makes it very cheap.

I personally loved it and will definitely be getting the sequel.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

NORCO Looks really interesting for me, my cup of tea. I’ll keep an eye on that one. Could be a great game.

Syberia looks like a return to its roots and an actual true sequel. I won’t dump my current PC game for it, Black Mirror 3. I’ll wait for some reviews on the finished product and decide if I want to buy it.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

Adv_Lvr - 01 March 2022 08:14 AM

NORCO Looks really interesting for me, my cup of tea. I’ll keep an eye on that one. Could be a great game.

Syberia looks like a return to its roots and an actual true sequel. I won’t dump my current PC game for it, Black Mirror 3. I’ll wait for some reviews on the finished product and decide if I want to buy it.

Heart

You can play the first chapter of NORCO right now and your progress carries over. The writing is more literary than we usually see, similar to Kentucky Route Zero. The difference is that the game is a bit more easier to understand what is going on. I like that it invokes the interesting Louisiana vibes of Gabriel Knight 1. One of my most anticipated of the year.

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

I’m for sure looking forward to NORCO, Syberia and Dexter Stardust. I actually think the trailer for Dexter Stardust is fantastic and gets the classic space comedy vibes across really well, and the surf punk theme song is so catchy I watched it like 3 times.

Syberia is gonna be day one for me, but before that I’m gonna jump into Perfect Tides.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Dexter and Syberia for sure will get, dont know about the others enough yet

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I think Syberia 4 is a good choice for a CPT, even though I’m not a fan of the original Syberia and I only played a bit of the second one which I didn’t like at all. I’m also not sure if it will run on my notebook. But it makes a lot of sense to start a new year with a newly released adventure in memory of a game designer who passed away recently.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Actually, if there is such a thing, I would like to see a current release of the original demo. To make sure the glitches have been solved. I believe the AG preview stated that the demo is in the first part of the game. Which means I still have to buy the game to see if the glitches are fixed.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top