• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieshanethewolfzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Strong AGs that are completable without help?

Total Posts: 221

Joined 2003-11-10

PM

Oscar - 31 May 2018 08:31 AM

Fair enough, but MogChothra didn’t ask for “easy”. I’m no puzzle genius and Callahan was a game I got through without a walkthrough and some problem-solving and determination, so I still think it fits. And I happen to think being stuck occasionally is a big part of what makes a great game.

Oh yeah, I love being stuck occasionnally too. And I totally agree that Callahan and Death Gate are both doable with enough determination.

But as the original poster wrote that he (or she) used walkthrough or hints for most of the games he (or she) finished, Callahan’s seems a bit too high a step to climb just yet.

And to stay on Legend games, I felt Mission Critical was easier that both Death Gate and Callahan’s.

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2016-12-18

PM

Still Life is a good one, very reasonable difficulty and feasible to solve with no walkthrough.

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

mjoe - 31 May 2018 09:06 PM

Still Life is a good one, very reasonable difficulty and feasible to solve with no walkthrough.

I completed Still Life without a walk-through but “reasonable difficulty” is definitely not how I would describe it. Many of the puzzles in that game are VERY difficult. The lock-picking puzzle springs to mind immediately. I know the baking puzzle tripped up a lot of people as well.

Total Posts: 221

Joined 2003-11-10

PM

PlanetX - 31 May 2018 09:13 PM

I completed Still Life without a walk-through but “reasonable difficulty” is definitely not how I would describe it. Many of the puzzles in that game are VERY difficult. The lock-picking puzzle springs to mind immediately. I know the baking puzzle tripped up a lot of people as well.

I agree, I don’t remember Still Life as being easy, and though my memories are a bit faint (I need to replay it soon), the words “lockpicking” and “backing” in this context sent a shiver down my spine.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top