• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Old Man’s Journey

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

The game starts with the titular old Man receiving some sort of letter. Looking a bit concerned after reading it, the man grabs some stuff from his house and sets off on a trip to an undisclosed location. Without even so much as a tutorial, you get thrust into the game and it’s up to you to figure things out.

Looks like old and new come up together.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Looks good

Some random indie outfit pulling more from BrokenAge artstyle

Thanks, i didnt know about the title

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

I adored Broken Age’s artstyle so visually this game falls right up my alley. Anyone care to share opinions on other elements such as gameplay or story?

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Not really, other than it was rather forgettable. But if you are playing it for the visuals, do the gameplay and story really matter?

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

Donuts McGee - 02 January 2018 08:13 AM

Not really, other than it was rather forgettable. But if you are playing it for the visuals, do the gameplay and story really matter?

I’m playing it for the overall experience. Thus, visuals are an important part for me but I wouldn’t enjoy a beautiful game that turns out to be flat or frustrating. But thanks for sharing, I do prefer my games unforgettable.

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

I really liked Old Man’s Journey. For me it wasn’t forgettable. Sure, it was quite short and easy (it’s not adventure in traditional sense), but it had a soul and message. The game spoke with me.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i dont see any resemblance to BA but the color palette, this Old Man Journey artwork is superior, BA’s artwork was ugly!

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

Advie - 02 January 2018 01:53 PM

i dont see any resemblance to BA but the color palette, this Old Man Journey artwork is superior, BA’s artwork was ugly!

img
img

img
img

It’s not just the color palette, it’s the overall design of backgrounds, the lighting mood, the hand-drawn effect of all the textures (dry pastels, oil, water colors), even the characters’ design is similar.

Whether you like it or not doesn’t mean that something is ugly or stupid. Especially when there are lots of people who’d disagree with you.

I find Bagel’s art interesting and charming:

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

you are right, it might be that stickman animation what always turned me of toward BA

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top