• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Your 2015 adventurewise

Total Posts: 6595

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Happy New Year dear community, and all I wish is to be less bans, and more forum activity! Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

LOL! Nice pic, diego.

Yeah, more new members and more activity.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Mikekelly - 30 December 2015 12:01 PM

54 games may seem quite a few - but not actually. Many of the games I played this year were quite short and could be finished in only a few hours.
Heart

So now we’re all (or at least I am) waiting for the full list of 54 games along with the ratings Wink
Good luck should you choose to accept this task Laughing 

diego - 01 January 2016 10:12 AM

Happy New Year dear community, and all I wish is to be less bans, and more forum activity! Grin

Happy new year to you too and to everybody here!

And yes I wish for less bans (miss Lambonius and Bogi) more people and more activity.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Not happening. No way I am listing 54 games with ratings. Also, several were Ipad releases of classic adventure games with a streamlined interface and simplified puzzles.

In previous years I played less games but they were much longer.

The good news about all the short adventure games on the iPad is that they are very inexpensive - some of them as low as 1.99.

Some of the games I played should have been one release instead of several. Dracula 4 and 5 for example. Calling those full games releases is a stretch. There should have only been a Dracula 4.

Still, if I bought a game on the iPad I finished it - some were much better than others.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Aww pity :-) You could probably have one a prize for longest thread with this…

I used to play a lot on the iPad but didn’t at all this year… Not sure why…

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

New adventures:

AR-K: The Great Escape (ep.3) - 8.5
I’ve always been a fan of AR-K and I liked the new episode just like the old ones. Some clear improvements which make me recommend the game to other people even more. Sci-fi world, mystery plot, lots of humour and a sassy protagonist.

Dark Dreams Don’t Die: season 1 - 9.0
A weird one but definitely still an adventure. And weird in a good way. Lots of strange characters, a mystery and a smoking hot protagonist. Too bad it’s probably only going to be season one.

Dead Synchronicity - 8.5
A bleak post-apocalyptic world and a distinguished art style in a very traditional and well done adventure.

Life Is Strange: Ep.1 - 9.5
Loved it. The gameplay, the setting and the story. But I didn’t purchase the continuation since all the episodes weren’t out. And I keep forgetting to buy them because I can’t add the later episodes to my Steam wishlist!

“Older” adventures:

All Pigs Deserve to Burn in Hell - 8.5 (freeware)
This short freeware title was awesome. Bleak and surreal.

The Cat Lady - 10.0 (CPT)
The best community playthrough ever. And the only 10/10 game in this year. I love everything about it.

Emerald City Confidential - 7.5 (CPT)
Wadjet Eye’s old product tagged as casual. It is casual but it is also a real adventure. So I’m keeping it here. It’s not quite as good as the later Wadjet Eye titles but still very nice.

The Samaritan Paradox - 7.0
Interesting setting split in two but wastes a lot of its potential. Definitely still worth the time.

The Whispered World - 8.0 (CPT)
Spot <3 A bit long-winded at points but still an interesting, funny and touching adventure.

Casuals:

The Drawn Trilogy - 7.0 (CPT)
Pretty and sounds great. Has some nice puzzles too, but not that much depth after all.

F.A.C.E.S. - 6.5 (CPT)
Great atmosphere but too much backtracking and HO scenes.

Surface: The Noise She Couldn’t Make - 6.0 (CPT)
Very nice puzzles and interesting setting but the ending is pretty lame.

“Adventures”:

Journey - 8.5(PS3)
A short and beautiful experience. Not much gameplay but it really doesn’t need more.

Follow the Darkness - 7.5 (freeware)
Horror story done by RPG maker. Interesting but feels more like just a part of game (start is skipped and ending rushed).

Murder at Masquerade Manor - 7.0 (freeware)
Whodunnit-simulator, very simple, not sure I’d even put it under adventure. Had potential.

The Novelist - 7.0
Very interesting “fly on the wall” concept and the story was touching the first time around. Doesn’t really work that well after replays as the game reveals its simplicity fast.

Shelter - 8.0
Mother badger keeping her cubs alive. Survival game but incredibly charming one, and definitely feels like an adventure.

Visual Novels:

Hadaka Shitsuji: Naked Butler - 8.5 (continuation)
Weird, sadistic and funny BL game.

Loren The Amazon Princess - 7.5 (also RPG)
Save the fantasy world and romance your teammates.

No, Thank You!!! -  9.5
Great new BL game, super funny and still disturbing at parts.

The Second Reproduction - 7.5
Dating sim with some demons, quite interesting plot.

Sweet Pool - 9.0
Beautiful supernatural horror BL game.

Togainu no Chi - 9.0
Bleak dystopian world with brawling and criminal organisations. Another BL game.

Unfinished:

Sweet Fuse (PSP, 3/7 routes)
Funny romance and adventure VN. I’ll finish the rest of the routes later.

Mass Effect (RPG)
I got interested in the series and played a few hours but had a break and it still seems to be on.

Outcast 1.1 (RPG)
Started it with another forum community playthrough but kept failing a lot. Will finish it but it requires some time.

Stasis
I started it one night and it was awesome but it was late, I was tired and scared, so I left it for another night and then took a dry spell with games.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

My adventure games in 2015:

80 Days - For some reason I still haven’t played through it, despite that I really love it. I only have the Android version for my phone, and I don’t play on that that often. But it’s a lovely game.

Broken Age - Loved this. Some weird things in the story, but still one of the most enjoyable adventure games in a very long time for me, and a game that really got the old LucasArts adventure games. It had a great structure, pacing, pussle variety, dialogues, characters and art. And it was funny, Act 2 had 3-4 laugh out loud moments for me.

Dreamfall: Chapters - I disliked how Book One played so much, that I still haven’t found the will to play what’s been released so far. And production wise, I find it curious that Red Thread Games haven’t gotten more stick for how they have handled this game.

Grim Fandango Remastered - I beat it the original version, and enjoyed getting back to the game with this version, but other games got in the way, so I haven’t beaten it yet.

Tales from the Borderlands - Pretty great. Really enjoyed playing a Telltale game again that wasn’t dark and grim. They really aren’t anything else then interactive movies/novels, but they do that style very well.

The Book of Unwritten Tales (Demo) - I just played the demo, but saw nothing that I liked in it. Not the graphical style, not the characters and not the dialogues.

The Talos Principle - Loved the demo, bought the full game, still haven’t played it.

Total Posts: 52

Joined 2015-01-31

PM

Kurufinwe - 26 December 2015 07:20 AM

Runaway 1 (2003) I’m not sure what made me decide to replay the first two Runaway games and finally try the third. The first one was less awful than I remembered, though still nowhere near that ridiculous 4.5-star review it got on this site. 3/5

Kurufinwe - 26 December 2015 07:20 AM

Runaway 2 (2006) Why did I replay this??? This may be the most awful game I’ve played not only this year, but in the past decade. Words fail me to describe just how shitty every aspect of it is. I still plan on playing the third one (for the first time) in 2016. 1/5

Sorry, for going off-topic with this, but you might be pleasantly surprised with Runaway 3. Runaway 1 was a decent game, and for the early 2000s it really stood out. Runaway 2 was indeed mostly painful. Though I know some people who enjoy that kind of challenge, where the puzzles are hard and it’s not clear at all what the game wants you to do.

But Runaway 3 was really different, I’d say it was one of the first modern-style adventure games, where you never have to wander across ten or more locations trying to figure out where you can perform some new action to advance the plot. And it had really good puzzles. I like Daedalic games a lot, but, say, in Chains of Satinav the gameplay sometimes went like this: arrive at a new location; start trying all combinations of inventory items with hotspots until the most ridiculous combination works; advance to the next location and forget the previous one as a bad dream. Runaway 3 was always going for sensible multi-part puzzles. I think people who played it would still be able to recall at least one or two puzzles from there (like the one with the guy ‘hitchhiking’ at the asylum).

Also Runaway 3 gave a lot of attention to animation, which is again quite rare. I even remember wondering how some of it was done, whether it was just very advanced sprite animation, or a movie superimposed on top of the game location, or something else. Actually maybe I’ll replay it too and see if it still looks as impressive today.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top