• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Feelies and other box bonuses

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Boxed games don’t really exist any more so let’s reminisce. What were your favorites?

Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy

I wish I owned this box, just for this feelie!

Space Quest V: The Next Mutation

The SQ series had a joke magazine The Galactic Inquirer. It was actually quite long (15-20 pages) and always hilarious.

At the time I bought SQV I got a kick out of this advertisement:

Total Posts: 44

Joined 2015-05-20

PM

Wing Commander III has some cool stuff in the box. Taking a look now, we have an installation guide, a “playguide” (instructions), a fold out sheet with the factory specifications and basic information on the various spacecraft in the game, a reference sheet for the controls, and a book called Victory Streak. Victory Streak has chats from in-universe newsgroups, e-mails, interviews with characters in the game, music reviews, news articles and even more info the ships. It also has passages on the history of the game’s universe, including a timeline and info on various races and places. As you can tell, it’s mostly a mock magazine, and it makes for some fun world-building. It even has classifieds! Anyone interested in buying a remote hovermobile?

Sadly, that’s just about the only game I own with such paraphernalia. Well, I’ve heard there are feelies in Welcome To The Future’s box, but I have that in the original shrink wrap, and I don’t think I want to tear it off just to verify. Grin

Walking the fine line between being an original hardware nerd, and being broke from buying original hardware.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Amazingly, I still buy PC Box games. The selection is way down from what it once was, but not gone completely.

Back in the days of the C128, all my adventure games came from infocom and I just loved the extra goodies they came with.

I do have a huge collection of PC games in mint condition and what they all came with in the past is simply amazing - plastic statues, maps, walkthrough books, artbooks, the list goes on.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top