• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

grizzlypantsKeybordzSpeedBoVeovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Tuesday, 8 December

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Can you really hate a game where the main character speaks to bad guys, after they blew up his helicopter (the hero is a helicopter pilot) and says: “Hey, that was my God damn home, you shitheads!”, and proceeds to kill them all?!

Of course not. Even in its cheesy glory of the highest order (it was released in 1996, but certainly looks like a B-movie from 80s), Hardline still stands as one of the most “unique” FMV games - not only because of exploding helicopters, but also of heavy usage of other real sets and props, in a Commando-like mission of one man (plus a girl, naturally) to stop the invading, anarchy gang The Sect in a near-future Detroit. It’s basically an interactive movie where you advance in two primary ways - via the rail-shooter gameplay, in the style of the old arcade machines, and by moving and exploring the surroundings in a 1-st person adventure manner, and doing some light inventory puzzles. On top of all, it features a music composed by non other than David Cage! Also, screw any FMV game which doesn’t let you just sit and relax for a minute!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5601

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Heh.  The old fingerprint on Scotch tape trick has been around for awhile, hasn’t it?  This one has way too much shooting to interest me, but the bad guys seem easy to kill, especially with that arsenal in your pocket.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I read this post and also “relaxed for a minute”, long before I read that other post of yours in the AGSOTD thread.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

That guy has got a Julian Sands / Rupert Everett thing going on, imo. Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Lady Kestrel - 08 December 2015 12:20 PM

This one has way too much shooting to interest me, but the bad guys seem easy to kill, especially with that arsenal in your pocket.

Hehe. You have total of 12 different weapons at your disposal. I guess that’s enough in order to save the world. Cool The game is pretty tough, though.

TimovieMan - 08 December 2015 06:21 PM

That guy has got a Julian Sands / Rupert Everett thing going on, imo. Smile

And he was a SWAT in Léon: The Professional Cool

Karlok - 08 December 2015 01:37 PM

I read this post and also “relaxed for a minute”

Did you like the video? I posted it for Zobraks to educate his daughter. Cool

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 08 December 2015 06:48 PM

Did you like the video?

It would be much more educational if the FMV wasn’t so grainy.

I posted it for Zobraks to educate his daughter. Cool

Something tells me she doesn’t need your help.  Grin

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 5838

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m always interested in screenshots & comments on FMV games as although I haven’t played that many I’ve very much enjoyed the ones I have! This game seems a little too action-orientated for my taste though!  Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top