• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

relaxing/centering exercises

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Do you have a routine or an exercise that works well for you? Things to set your mind straight, or let it calm down for a while. If anyone likes, maybe even some stuff to deal with anxiety in a healthy way.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I automatically start cleaning the house when I get stressed or annoyed, somehow it makes me calm down, thus it solves two problems at once. I also listen to Vivaldi or some ambient music if I need to relax or concentrate on work, and drum-n-bass if I need to blow off steam. Also some meditative activities like fishing, mushrooming, trimming, even digging help - as long as it’s the right season. I also have a cat, but it brings more chaos than comfort into my life.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

If the weather permits, I take a long walk and head towards the bay.  I take my binoculars and do some bird watching.  Catching sight of an osprey, bald eagle, or peregrine falcon or just watching the water calms me.  I also find that music by Kitaro or Yanni and/or losing myself in a book helps.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Thanks. Some good tips, some stuff that made me smile.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

as said watching a top-fav movie again is the way, just relax and see different details of the scenes, esp of the late 70s- early 80s pictures

also walking for 45-60 mins helps me thru many things, sleep well, to concentrate, and the toilet business.

and listening to Jeffersons lately has been really good, their song always uplifting and soothing, esp with Grace Slick singing, you can hear how she really feels out every single word she sings.

and of course reading, but lately, i cant finish two pages in a row, lately.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I used to be pretty good at this stuff, but something’s been off for me. I find it hard to focus on one thing, or get into the flow of anything, because I constantly feel on alert.

Thanks for the suggestions. I’m listening to Vivaldi right now, which is a first (not counting references in other media). I’m going to check out Kitaro and Yanni later. And Jefferson Airplane, a band I only know on a surface level.

You’ve thoroughly convinced me of the merits of walking. Wink I do spend a lot of time walking, but it’s usually because of work or household chores. Today I’ll go out for a stroll.

Another thing I’ve been doing: learn how to code interactive fiction. My mind doesn’t take in the information as smoothly as I’d like, but something there still works, which is a relief. It’s also a fun way to put some creative energy to use, instead of worrying or distracting it away.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

VP - One of the albums I’ve used with people that need to relax, particularly when talking about difficult things, or suggested that they try it themselves at home when they’re feeling uptight or nervous is Mike Rowland’s “Silver Wings”.
I have absolutely no idea if it would suit you as I don’t actually “know” you but it certainly won’t do you any harm to listen:

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i have discovered this odd channel and it is magical!, i sleep on these tracks like a baby. Cool

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Haha that is very peculiar!

It reminds me of those videos where they simulate 80s and 90s music being played in abandoned malls.

I will try it, maybe I’ll dream something interesting.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I’m listening to Silverwings now. It is strangely comforting.

I’ve just been asked to help someone with his math homework. I’ve been helping out with English and that was all fine, I’m comfortable with English. I’ve been trying to brush up on what seems like very basic math and my brain is just jamming up. It’s not a good feeling.

I feel this helps. I’m sad but I’m not panicking anymore.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Another small recommendation VP, one that might be slightly more uplifting than outright relaxing although it can take people both ways I’ve found. I’ve only ever suggested side one for this as side two seems to drift melodically and doesn’t seem to hold the listener within that mental space that they need to relax/gently stimulate/travel through - at least for those that I’ve spoken with. People are, of course, very different so make of this what you will:

Life is what it is.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Thanks! I’m giving all this music a try, I feel it really helps. It did the last time and I managed to make good on my promise.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top