• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Post amazing SMALL YouTube channels

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2023-10-19

PM

I had this idea when I recently came across a very talented 15-year-old girl playing the most incredible covers, and she recently posted a bite-sized review of a movie I don’t really care for and still it blew my mind with how creative it was.

SUPPORT THIS YOUNG CREATIVE TEENAGER WE NEED MORE LIKE HER!!

And by small I mean no more than 50K subs, so the incredible works of art that are Tim Roger’s Action Button reviews don’t count, although he deserves much more than 150k subs.

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Ok, I’ve looked through my subscriptions list and even though most channels I’m subscribed to have way more than 50K there were still a lot of good stuff below that mark, so sharing all of them would be too much. Here’s a small selection of small YT channels that I like. (Mostly music because that’s who I am.)

My first choice is The Cory Band. Possibly the best brass band in the world (how do they only have 12.5K subs?). The video of theirs I’ve chosen isn’t their best by a long shot, but it’s fun. One done in pandemic isolation with band members recording their parts individually. (Watch out for the xylophone player!)

Into the Winds is a good early music group.

Another great musician that surprised me that he isn’t over the 50K limit is Kandace Springs. An amazing jazz singer. (Her concert with the WDR Big Band is one of the best things on YouTube, but that band has too many subscribers for me to link it in this thread.) This is one of her original songs

One of my favourite vocal groups, The Idea of North (from Australia):

Another vocal group, with a different style. Tuuletar (from Finland):

Woodpeckers Recorder Quartet!

Great saxophone player YolanDa Brown. I’ve chosen a kid’s tune because it’s fun.

I should include one non-music channel too, so here’s comedian Bec Hill… with some music comedy:

Finally, I’ll include my own channel represented by my latest video:

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Joined 2023-10-19

PM

Trumgottist - 18 November 2023 04:08 AM

Why don’t you play around with YT Shorts? That’s how small channels nowadays find an audience. The girl in my OP went from 600 to 16k in a matter of months after her first short, her channel existing for quite a few years at that point.

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Lamb - 20 November 2023 09:02 AM
Trumgottist - 18 November 2023 04:08 AM

Why don’t you play around with YT Shorts? That’s how small channels nowadays find an audience. The girl in my OP went from 600 to 16k in a matter of months after her first short, her channel existing for quite a few years at that point.

I dislike the Shorts, and do everything I can to avoid them. (Not concerned about channel growth either. I record music videos because I enjoy doing it. If people like what I’ve created that’s great, but I have no illusions about it. I’m a bit surprised to have passed 100 subscribers TBH.)

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2018-10-22

PM

Simply as I am a small YouTuber I hope it is allowed to post my own channel (and it is at least very relevant to the forum!).

I interview people connected to the games industry world, especially adventure games industry and put the videos up on my YouTube. So far I’ve had Ron Gilbert, Tim Schafer and many more! Suggestions for new people to speak to and not just the usual classic developers always welcome (for example recently I spoke to Grace Bruxner of the Frog Detective games). I find it quite hard to promote myself and get the word out there even with talking to some amazing people so I hope people give it a look.

https://www.youtube.com/@Cressup

Joined 2023-10-19

PM

Trumgottist - 29 November 2023 10:49 AM

I record music videos because I enjoy doing it. If people like what I’ve created that’s great.

They will have to find you first, and nowadays exposure is practically synonymous with Shorts. But it’s your prerogative so good luck!

Total Posts: 124

Joined 2023-10-03

PM

Crezzle - 30 November 2023 08:54 PM

Simply as I am a small YouTuber I hope it is allowed to post my own channel (and it is at least very relevant to the forum!).

I interview people connected to the games industry world, especially adventure games industry and put the videos up on my YouTube. So far I’ve had Ron Gilbert, Tim Schafer and many more! Suggestions for new people to speak to and not just the usual classic developers always welcome (for example recently I spoke to Grace Bruxner of the Frog Detective games). I find it quite hard to promote myself and get the word out there even with talking to some amazing people so I hope people give it a look.

https://www.youtube.com/@Cressup

What a lovely channel this is!

It is too bad it does not get enough recognition or exposure. I had my share once with YT channels, and as much as inconvenience it might sound, all you need is one video that gets you that exposure and views a kind of a ‘clickbait’ or something out of your channel’s main interest, I have had a video for Ronaldo the have gotten me over a quarter of a million views tho the channel wasn’t really about individuals, and thereafter the channel other videos also received almost the same exposure.. however, Good luck.

I am already subscribed, can you believe it?, tho I haven’t visited the channel for a long time, as it seems it does NOT* come up on my home feed, that is the only explanation, but tonight this is going to be my treat to watch all the vids that I have missed in the last few months or so.

*edited

A1

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Lamb - 01 December 2023 11:22 AM
Trumgottist - 29 November 2023 10:49 AM

I record music videos because I enjoy doing it. If people like what I’ve created that’s great.

They will have to find you first, and nowadays exposure is practically synonymous with Shorts. But it’s your prerogative so good luck!

I don’t watch shorts, so nobody’s shorts will expose their channel to me. And while more exposure might mean that more people would discover my videos, that wouldn’t necessarily give me anything besides an increased viewcounter. My most watched video (a cover of Sandstorm by Darude) has over 6000 views and gets a few more every day. But those views are basically invisible to me. It is extremely rare that someone I don’t know leaves a comment on a video, so the only thing I get back from uploading videos (besides the joy of actually making them) is the reactions I get from friends.

Sure, once or twice a year someone I don’t know will leave a comment and that’ll make my day (except that one time when their full comment was “dickhead”), but that’s extremely rare and not nearly enough to even remotely be a motivating thing for making the videos. I upload them to show friends. If other people find them and like what I’ve done, that’s wonderful, but I don’t think any kind of promotion would be worth it.

I can second the recommendation for Cressup’s channel! If you haven’t already taken a look, you should do so!

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2019-04-19

PM

This girl is amazing for sure, I love her channel:

. Stumbling upon hidden gems on YouTube, like this incredibly talented 15-year-old, is honestly the best part of diving into the platform. It really highlights the diversity and depth of content available, far beyond what we typically see.

For anyone inspired by such creativity and thinking of starting their own channel or enhancing their content, I’ve found that resources like movavi.com offer some great tools and tips. Whether it’s editing your videos to make them more engaging or just learning the basics to get started, their guides are super helpful for creators at any level.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top