• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

FlorusJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

One-month Sabbatical for full time adventure game development, yeah!

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2007-09-17

PM

Hi,

I’m quite excited, because today my one-month Sabbatical started, in which I will try to finish my solo developed 3D cartoon point&click; adventure game “Wormventures - Barrier 51” in full time instead of just working on it every now and then in the evenings.

I’m working on it for seven years now and if all goes well I plan to have the full game ready (at least for starting a beta testing round) at the end of October. For that time I’ll post my progress regulary on my Devlog at http://www.wormventures.com, so I want to invite you to follow me along.

Wish me luck!

With best regards
Marcus

Total Posts: 290

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

One month is good but try out 1 year!  Makes a lot more impact.  I did a 3 year one time, it was life changing.

Joined 2007-09-17

PM

Thanks!

Wow, I guess it was. I’d love to give me more time to do thing off of work, because I have so many ideas in my head that want to be made reality, but the thing is: Me and my family have to live of something and I doubt that making games could be a sustainable business we can live from. And I kept on re-calculating even for this one month off. It’s more then 8 percent less wage each month for a whole year and the prices for food and everything are exploding at the same time. It was no easy decision.

Total Posts: 290

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

I totally understand.  It is way tougher to do with family commitments I agree.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I’m keeping an eye on your game, by the way (aka following it on Steam). There’s something nostalgic and heart-warming in what I’m seeing. I’m assuming demo is out of the question if you making these choices just to finish the game, but I’m hoping you get to make it exactly the way you wanted to. Good luck!

Joined 2007-09-17

PM

The demo version is as-good-as finished, just some translations left to do. But it will need some more testing before I can release it on Steam. It’s not by chance that you have the time and desire to beta test the demo?

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Unfortunately, time is an issue. I’d love to, really, but I work insane hours, so very little of it left for the rest of this thing called life. Maybe you can throw a call on Steam?

Joined 2007-09-17

PM

Oh yeah, the “time is an issue” thing sounds familiar…

Yes, I guess Steam and point&click; related Discord channels are good choices. Thanks!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top