• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Crosswords

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Following on from VP’s crossword thread in the Adventure forum I added the below post (slightly edited here) and said I’d start a thread here if there was any uptake on it. As there has been said thread now started Smile
Please note these crosswords physically exist so can be sent via PM to anyone who fancies a go. They exist in both Word and PDF formats. If you do ask for one to be sent I’d advise printing on a laser printer as the amount of black ink used on an inkjet printer will be quite high.

Many a long year ago I used to create cryptic crosswords for my company’s monthly magazine. This was in the days of using graph paper and any mistake in the layout meant starting over
Around 18 months ago I decided to go back to doing this (sans graph paper!) and, although I don’t spend ages at it, I’ve chalked up half-a-dozen which have been fairly well received. Should anyone fancy a go at one then PM me and I’ll PM you one back.
Difficulty is around middling to difficult with the feedback that I’ve received.
These are definitely not adventure game based crosswords.

Edited to add that I’m English so all answers will be, generally, English and not American so expect “ou” and not just “o”, “c” and not “s” etc. If the answer is a foreign language word that has become common usage within English then it should be obvious(ish) within the clue.
I decided to add this caveat to be fair to the many American/non English native speakers that make up this site (‘cos I’m a nice person Crazy )

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Jabod - 23 November 2021 05:36 AM

Edited to add that I’m English so all answers will be, generally, English and not American so expect “ou” and not just “o”, “c” and not “s” etc. If the answer is a foreign language word that has become common usage within English then it should be obvious(ish) within the clue.
I decided to add this caveat to be fair to the many American/non English native speakers that make up this site (‘cos I’m a nice person Crazy )

Ah Non American English and its superfluous U’s 😬j/k. I’m a big crossword fan and would love to have a go at solving these.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Jessyrich and Soccerdude - If you’ll both be so kind as to wait until tomorrow (UK times obviously Smile ) I’ll PM the very first one I created when I went back to doing this. A thank you to Lady K as, due to her using a Mac, I can send as PDFs which will be PMed to you.

Talking of Lady K, and also VP as was, I sent you a copy of that first one and no feedback. Was there any?

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m sorry, Jabod.  I thought I put it in a safe place, but I can’t find it.  It may be on my other computer.  Please send it to me again.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Just like my closest friend Lady K. Loan her books or DVDs and she always puts them in a safe place only to panic when I ask for their return - and half the time they’ve not been read/watched Smile

I’ll add you to the list for tomorrow Thumbs Up

The slight delay is due to me setting up a brand new PC which always takes a bit of time regardless of how organised I am Confused

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m good with books and movies, but sometimes I save things in unexpectedly places, especially when distracted by the dog or my sister.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top