• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Louisiana Adventure?

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2005-05-28

PM

Well since Microids refuses to do anything with the Syberia series nowadays, I have been quite intrigued when they announced this game instead.
But do we have any update on the release???
http://www.adventuregamers.com/news/view/22027

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

I believe the Syberia 3 will come. But I’m worried. There is no Microids studio anymore (it’s just a brand of Anuman, which is kinda funnily operating company Tongue) and I doubt there is any internal talented competence left there to make the game. S3 might be outsourced. Maybe from SilverPlay entertainment, whose Louisiana Adventure might be a “test” how people react for their game (the game is ready, btw - to stay on topic, you can see what dev says here: http://www.silverplay.biz/index.html - game is ready, waiting publishing). As Sokal had an idea (dubious one, if you ask me) to make S3 entirely in 3D, SilverPlay with such Louisiana Adventure fits for Sokal’s requierment (Sokal’s wishes plays the role, thats for sure! Anuman would be crazy to make S3 without Sokal’s involvment).
Lets say SilverPlay is too distant company to make successful cooperation work (isn’t it in Austria?), or communication problems arise, whats in France? Maybe Wizarbox is up for the job? Their track record is not bad.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

This game looks interesting - its been on my radar for a while. Hope it gets released.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

It looks like the Zodiac Store has the game for $9.99 with a release date of 16 November.

http://www.zodiac-store.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=596

Anyone bought from them before? I’m probably going to get it tonight or over the weekend, so I’ll let everyone know how it goes. Can’t wait!  Laughing

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Update: Well I’ve given it a few hours and I’m still not quite sure what to think.

It’s very unpolished and the writing isn’t fantastic, but already I think I like it more than Testament of Sherlock Holmes. It has a unique charm to it which makes it very interesting to me. I love the Old American South setting and there’s an intriguing “emotions” system where you have to win people over to get information out of them. Puzzles have been good so far.

But beware, it is quite clunky and I’ve experienced a crash or two, but if you don’t mind that I would recommend it - especially for such a cheap price.

Oh, and I think I’ve found my 2012 Adventure Game Blunder of the Year (minor spoiler):
The main character says she doesn’t feel bad for feeding cheese to a rat, “even though they are lactose intolerant”. This is in the 19th century (lactose intolerance wasn’t known as a disease until the 1960s) so she must have been an incredibly ahead-of-the-times biochemist, as well as a brilliant detective. Sherlock would be very proud Grin

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

With a price of $9.99 I can live with a few minor problems. The game looks great - sadly, my PC needs a major upgrade to play it.

Crazy

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2012-04-01

PM

Oscar - 17 November 2012 05:10 AM

Oh, and I think I’ve found my 2012 Adventure Game Blunder of the Year (minor spoiler):
The main character says she doesn’t feel bad for feeding cheese to a rat, “even though they are lactose intolerant”. This is in the 19th century (lactose intolerance wasn’t known as a disease until the 1960s) so she must have been an incredibly ahead-of-the-times biochemist, as well as a brilliant detective. Sherlock would be very proud Grin

I thought the Blunder Of The Year was some dialogue in Cognition, with someone calling a female police chief “Sir”, twice!

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2005-11-23

PM

Thanks for the feedback on the game, Oscar. I saw it mentioned in the Adventure Shop weekly newsletter and thought it looked intriguing.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Looking at the website and the game’s description it appears that 3D also includes 3-axis player involvement a la Frogwares. That does not bode well for me. I tend to get a bit queezy while spinning about the room. Not a game for me. Nor will S3 be if it takes the same direction.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2005-05-28

PM

Is Adventuregamers.com writing a review???

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

rtrooney - 20 November 2012 08:54 PM

Looking at the website and the game’s description it appears that 3D also includes 3-axis player involvement a la Frogwares. That does not bode well for me. I tend to get a bit queezy while spinning about the room. Not a game for me. Nor will S3 be if it takes the same direction.

I’m not sure what you mean by 3-axis player involvement and whether it is the same thing, but I don’t know why games don’t use the GK3 method of having the navigation completely separate from the character motion.

That way you weren’t pinned to your character and could freely explore the environment. I thought it worked really well and I haven’t seen it used anywhere else. Maybe it’s patented Meh

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top