• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Question about DRM in some games

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2011-04-12

PM

Hi to all!

I’m trying to find out which kind of DRM the following games came with. Can anybody share some knowledge on this?

I’m looking for the UK retail editions (unless stated otherwise):

Art Of Murder: Hunt For The Puppeteer
Art of Murder 3: Cards Of Destiny
Bad Mojo Redux (UK and US retail editions)
Baron Wittard
Chronicles of Mystery: The Tree of Life
Evil Days Of Luckless John
Everlight (US and US retail editions)
Jekyll & Hyde (US and UK retail editions)
Lucius
Rhiannon: Curse Of The Four Branches (US and UK retail editions)
The Secrets of Da Vinci: The Forbidden Manuscript
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Undercover: Operation Wintersun

So far, I’ve discovered that the German release of Undercover: Operation Wintersun has Securom, the German release of Jekyll & Hyde has ProtectDisc,and that’s it… which doesn’t interest me much, mainly because they are German releases.

I try to use this site (http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/gamedb.php?letter=all) for searching for DRM info. Anybody knows about other places I should also check out?

Thanks to all!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

TechnoSpike - 16 November 2012 05:28 AM

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Starforce

Baron Wittard
Rhiannon: Curse Of The Four Branches

Online Activation Code

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

TechnoSpike - 16 November 2012 05:28 AM

I’m trying to find out which kind of DRM the following games came with. Can anybody share some knowledge on this?

I sent u a private message with some inf.

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

may i ask why are you looking for that info?

are you searching for a DRM for a game you’re making?

if so do not use any DRM that takes os into account….purchased House of Tales’s Moment of Silence and it doesn’t run on anything beyond XP.i have to play it in a virtual box or find a temp XP machine…..so infuriating.and Securom’s removal tools cannot remove it.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

jhetfield21 - 17 November 2012 02:00 PM

may i ask why are you looking for that info?

are you searching for a DRM for a game you’re making?

if so do not use any DRM that takes os into account….purchased House of Tales’s Moment of Silence and it doesn’t run on anything beyond XP.i have to play it in a virtual box or find a temp XP machine…..so infuriating.and Securom’s removal tools cannot remove it.

I’m positive I got MoS working on Win 7. I played it around 2 years ago and I’ve had nothing but Windows 7 for much longer than that.

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

jhetfield21 - 17 November 2012 02:00 PM

purchased House of Tales’s Moment of Silence and it doesn’t run on anything beyond XP.i have to play it in a virtual box or find a temp XP machine…..so infuriating.and Securom’s removal tools cannot remove it.

I second Zifnab. Moment of Silence works perfectly on Win7 (32bit though! HoT games have problems on 64bit). If there are problems with 32bit, compatibility mode set to XP may help.

Also Securom removal tool works. I was sceptical myself as i hate system breaking drm, like Starforce was, but Securom does what it promises with its official removal tool.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

i have 64bit win7…and nothing helped…i even talked to Martin Gantefohr about it and not even that helped.and Securom did not remove anything..unless it’s on the exe and not the os.it’s not regular Securom if i’m not mistaken.

Total Posts: 513

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

jhetfield21 - 17 November 2012 07:04 PM

i have 64bit win7…and nothing helped…i even talked to Martin Gantefohr about it and not even that helped.and Securom did not remove anything..unless it’s on the exe and not the os.it’s not regular Securom if i’m not mistaken.

The UK/European release of The Moment of Silence had that perticularly nasty version of Starforce that was popular among publishers around 2007 or so.  The US release (published by the adventure company) had no DRM at all. That may account for your different experiences.

None of the Art of Murder and Chronicles of Mystery games released in the UK/EU have DRM. My copies of Baron Wittard, Rhiannon: Curse Of The Four Branches and Undercover: Operation Wintersun, all purchased in the UK are also completely DRM free. Same goes for Bad Mojo Redux.

Lucius can be bought at gog.com DRM free. I’d be surprised if the boxed version should be any different, but stranger things have happened.

My copy of Secrets of Da Vinci has DRM. Tages if memory serves.

Don’t know about the rest.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

yes i do have the UK version…and oops my bad….yes it was Starforce not Securom.and very nasty like Veovis said.the tools cannot remove it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top