• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

It feels like we’re in a lull. Has anything good come out this year??

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2023-01-24

PM

I’m waiting for some titles, but they’re not out

—Simon the Sorcerer
—Old Skies
—Elroy and the Aliens
—Season of the Warlock
—Death of the Reprobate
—Case of the Druid
—The Hand of Glory 2

and some more. Meanwhile I keep checking if something good has come out and I see NOTHING

has anyone enjoyed anything that came out this year?

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

Let me see.
The following adventures have really good reviews:

-STASIS: Bone Totem
-Geistfrei GmbH (aka Spiritless Ltd.)
-Dreams in the Witch House (RPG-hybrid)
-Loretta

There are more but these are the ones I’ve heard the best things about. So yes, there are new adventures out already, but most of them are flying under the radar. I expect some of the most wanted titles in autumn.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I enjoyed Goblins 5 a lot. Among well-received games there was also Firmanent from Cyan, a Ghost Trick re-release for PC and other platforms, a new Amnesia, a cinematic platformer Bramble and a Portal-style Entropy Centre (if you count them for adventures), a Sherlock Holmes remake and a Golden Idol add-on… In fact plenty of things to try, unless you are looking specifically for traditional 2D point-n-click games.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2023-01-24

PM

Doom - 09 July 2023 12:04 PM

I enjoyed Goblins 5 a lot. Among well-received games there was also Firmanent from Cyan, a Ghost Trick re-release for PC and other platforms, a new Amnesia, a cinematic platformer Bramble and a Portal-style Entropy Centre (if you count them for adventures), a Sherlock Holmes remake and a Golden Idol add-on… In fact plenty of things to try, unless you are looking specifically for traditional 2D point-n-click games.

woah goblins 5 is out?? Steam says coming soon

Joined 2023-01-24

PM

LittleRose - 09 July 2023 05:26 AM

Let me see.
The following adventures have really good reviews:

-STASIS: Bone Totem
-Geistfrei GmbH (aka Spiritless Ltd.)
-Dreams in the Witch House (RPG-hybrid)
-Loretta

There are more but these are the ones I’ve heard the best things about. So yes, there are new adventures out already, but most of them are flying under the radar. I expect some of the most wanted titles in autumn.

Damn Windows only games!

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

cyberseer - 09 July 2023 01:23 PM

woah goblins 5 is out?? Steam says coming soon

It was released on itch.io in May, since then Pierre has been polishing the game and working on the Steam release I guess.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

We’re in a lull allright.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

my advice would be to go back to the classics, I recently replayed Gabriel Knight 2, Monkey Island 3, Beneath a Steel Sky, and Countdown (Access 1990). And, as I’m now reading Tony warriner’s book on Revolution, I will go back to the Broken Sword Series.
Why wait for something new, when there are tons of older great games to be experienced? Smile

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

jaap - 18 July 2023 10:05 AM

my advice would be to go back to the classics, I recently replayed Gabriel Knight 2, Monkey Island 3, Beneath a Steel Sky, and Countdown (Access 1990). And, as I’m now reading Tony warriner’s book on Revolution, I will go back to the Broken Sword Series.

That’s quite a list of classics! How did you like Countdown? I know people have mixed feelings about the game, mostly because of the timer. I found if I used the save function judiciously by saving at each screen, exploring then reloading once I knew what to do (okay, so it was borderline cheating Grin) then it can be played like a regular old timer-less adventure game. Very enjoyable game.

Why wait for something new, when there are tons of older great games to be experienced? Smile

Exactly right. I noticed The Space Bar came on Steam a few months ago, that’s one classic I haven’t played so it’s going straight on my list.

AKA Charo

Joined 2011-11-22

PM

Charophycean - 19 July 2023 06:43 AM

I noticed The Space Bar came on Steam a few months ago, that’s one classic I haven’t played so it’s going straight on my list.

Be careful with that - I’ve seen reports that the Steam release crashes/freezes a lot:

https://www.reddit.com/r/adventuregames/comments/13gklff/dont_buy_the_space_bar_1997_rerelease_on_steam/

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I completely forgot about Shadows of Doubt. I was expecting it to come out this summer, but just learned that it was released as early access back in April. Nobody is playing it? Youtube is full of let’s play videos and people claim it’s one of the best and most authentic detective experiences with randomly generated scenarios, open living world and no handholding. But also that it’s a simulator of idiotic behavior because of the freedom to interact with everyone and everything and try whatever you want, so I’m not sure how well all this works in an investigative game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top