• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What was your first PC and Console?

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2024-02-07

PM

For me, it was an old-school Windows 95 PC with a clunky CRT monitor and a Nintendo NS.

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2023-10-19

PM

The Nintendo No-Screen?

I’ve been surrounded by them since I was born because I have older siblings, so the ZX Spectrum and the NES and so on. But the first systems that were actually bought with tiny me in mind were the PS2 and a real trooper of an ASUS laptop.

And as expected from Sony products, the first two PS2s I got immediately broke down upon booting up.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

My first computer was the good old Amstrad CPC6128 back in the 80’s. Tremble with fear and envy Speccy and C64 owners because this bad boy came with a colossal 128kb RAM!

In terms of an ‘actual PC’ I think the first we had was a 386 with 32bit goodness.

I don’t think I actually ever had a console until the PS1, although I certainly played friends’ Master System/Mega Drive/NES/SNES.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2018-09-13

PM

My first was a Comodore64 that I borrowed from a friend for about 6 months. After that I got an Atari 512st. Both of them were eagerly used to play the Leisure Suit Larry series. Smile

I’ve just stolen all your laxatives…

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2023-10-25

PM

I’m from Australia and grew up with an Amstrad PC 5086 complete with MS Dos 5.0 and the Counterpoint v2.5 program launcher. Also came with WordPerfect and the games Prince of Persia and Jimmy White’s Whirlwind Snooker among others. I Learnt how to install the classic adventure game Hero’s Quest (now Quest for Glory 1: So you want to be a Hero) from floppy discs on here. Quest for Glory is a series I still love today as an adult.

My first console was a SNES that was given to me and my sisters by my uncle who was upgrading to a playstation at the time. Started with The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and remember Super Mario World as the first game I bought myself for it.

Replying to this post brought back a lot of wonderful memories so thank you!  Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

My first PC was a 486 with 4 MB RAM and a 256 MB hard disk. And I remember being told “256 MB? You’re never going to need that!”.
I had to put in an extra 512 MB disk about a year later. Tongue

I got it for my Confirmation.

My first console came earlier, I got that for my first Communion.

That was a Sega Master System.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 217

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

First computer in our house was Commodore 64 (with cassette tape drive).
And my first PC was 486.

As for console. A little console with only one game “Fire Rescue” by Casio.
First proper console? GBA.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top