• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Are you Karlok trying to be less argumentative in a different personna?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I was trying to explain to you which is Still Life 1 (a game I love) and which is 2 in the simplest and most direct way possible because you seemed to be quite confused and all you can come up with is a totally disjointed comment?
You know what?... Forget it.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 5847

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

rtrooney - 23 August 2022 06:33 PM

The inventory system was very odd. It consists of square boxes, two boxes tall and six boxes wide.

chrissie - 23 August 2022 09:03 AM

You’ve just described exactly the presentation of the inventory system in Still Life .

I think you mean Still Life 2. I’m playing Still Life, as are you, and the inventory system seems to be one item per square regardless of size.

I wrote exactly what I meant! The two boxes tall and six boxes wide is what appears in Still Life 1!!!! & I know that the inventory system didn’t include more than one item per square & never suggested that it did.

Still Life 2 was released in 2009 - that’s 13 years ago & I haven’t played that or Still Life 1 since - I guess it may be the same for you so it’s understandable if a few details have got intermingled within the memories of both games! Smile   

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Since walas and sylv are the only two Still Life players who are unaccounted for, and we are supposed to finish by Sunday, I thought we could bring the topic back to the front page. If only to give players time to think about the games they might want to vote for and/or nominate.

I’m intrigued by the less than satisfactory ending to Still Life, and am tempted to nominate Still Life 2. But I have bad recollections of the game. And, as chrissie pointed out in the previous post, our recollections of a game that was released 15 years ago may not be spot on. When they were on sale at GOG for less than $1 US I bought both of them. I may play a bit of SL2 before deciding whether it’s worth a nomination.

And, before we embark on a new potential voting catastrophe, Thank You Walas for leading the last AGCPT. We, literally, might not have been able to do it without you.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2095

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Can we please play something else rather than a Microids/Sokal game? And Still Life 2 is really bad and not worth playing.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Doom - 08 October 2022 06:07 AM

Can we please play something else rather than a Microids/Sokal game? And Still Life 2 is really bad and not worth playing.

I can understand why you might feel that way. And you certainly have the opportunity to nominate any game you want. And, for that matter, not vote for any game you don’t want to play. As well as to not play a disliked game that happens to win.

But, while I believe you were being facetious, what you can’t do is tell people what they can and cannot nominate or vote for.

And, if you read the last part of my post, you will notice that I, too, don’t have fond memories of SL2. I only said I would try to play a bit of the game to confirm the validity of my memory.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

You know that my PC doesn’t run Microids games, nothing to do with disliking them — I was the one who brought up Amerzone in the first place. And you did say you were planning to nominate SL2, why I politely asked to consider other games by other companies since there are tons of new and old titles and we already had two Microids ags in a row plus Syberia 4 which you also aggressively promoted for a cpt while playing it in the game thread. And since people might want to try SL2 after finishing the first part out of curiosity, I confirmed the game is bad (I played it from start to finish back in the day for a review), an attempt to hype on the Saw franchise developed by people unrelated to SL or Post Mortem (same team who are trying to sell their trashy Mozart game under different titles). I also sincerely believe that turning cpt into a Microids (LucasArts, Sierra, Wadjet Eye, etc.) fan cpt goes against the original intentions and the community spirit. Thank you.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I apologize if there is some misunderstanding. You will recall that I was unable to successfully install both Amerzone and Still Life from the original discs. Or rather they would install, but not play. So I purchased the GOG versions at an incredibly cheap price. Are you saying that GOG/Steam versions of Microids games will not play on your machine?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Only waiting for walas to un-pin the current game. Then Lady K can take over the task.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

rtrooney - 09 October 2022 07:06 PM

Are you saying that GOG/Steam versions of Microids games will not play on your machine?

Yes, I was trying to run the GOG version. From what I read, Steam version has similar problems. It’s not common, but it happens on some machines and there’s no solution. I also tried running Still Life, also to no result, so I called it “Microids incident”.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I will not nominate a Microids game. Other than that, I don’t know when this thread will re-activate.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 526

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Why not just vote on all the games that were nominated last time? I’m only going by my own experience, but it’s fair to say that if I was willing to play a game a month ago, I’m willing to play it now. If not, no big deal - the game falls by the wayside. But it least mentioning some options will create some interest.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 5847

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

rtrooney - 11 October 2022 08:30 PM

I will not nominate a Microids game. Other than that, I don’t know when this thread will re-activate.

It’ll activate following the first nomination for the next CPT.

I’ve got a limited amount of time to spend money accrued at BFG following cancellation of my membership. One of the game I’ve so far bought is The Moment of Silence so I’ll nominate that.

Total Posts: 7462

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

My offer of leading a CP of The Neverhood still stands. Either as a spontaneous community playthrough or as an official nomination. I tested the game just now on my Win10 computer and it works with the compatibility set to win95.

Charo and Walas, are you still interested? Zobraks perhaps? Anyone else? It’s a great funny puzzle game. A classic!

rtrooney - 23 August 2022 11:11 PM

Are you Karlok trying to be less argumentative in a different personna?

Oh for Pete’s sake, leave me out of your fights with other people.

Sometimes, when I clean the rooms, I get a little curious and… erm… you know… snoop through our guests’s stuff. - This Bed We Made

Total Posts: 526

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Karlok - 12 October 2022 09:00 AM

My offer of leading a CP of The Neverhood still stands. Either as a spontaneous community playthrough or as an official nomination. I tested the game just now on my Win10 computer and it works with the compatibility set to win95.

Charo and Walas, are you still interested? Zobraks perhaps? Anyone else? It’s a great funny puzzle game. A classic!

Count me in.

AKA Charo

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top