• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5057

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Karlok - 17 August 2022 03:59 AM
rtrooney - 16 August 2022 10:19 PM

As acrimonious as this has become, perhaps this vote should be cancelled. I find no joy in playing a CPT that wins under these circumstances.

Why don’t you look at your own posts for once. Just this one time. You always want “your” game to win, no matter what.

What are you talking about? Neither of “My Games” won the last vote. And yet I was an active participant in the playthrough.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7478

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 17 August 2022 01:11 PM
Karlok - 17 August 2022 03:59 AM
rtrooney - 16 August 2022 10:19 PM

As acrimonious as this has become, perhaps this vote should be cancelled. I find no joy in playing a CPT that wins under these circumstances.

Why don’t you look at your own posts for once. Just this one time. You always want “your” game to win, no matter what.

What are you talking about? Neither of “My Games” won the last vote. And yet I was an active participant in the playthrough.

I didn’t say you succeeded. But I should have kept my big mouth shut. I apologize to everybody for ruining your voting round.

PROM, NAPOL, PROM! - The Rise of the Golden Idol

Total Posts: 5620

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

If nothing changes with the voting by this Sunday, we can put an unofficial pause on the cp until enthusiasm returns and someone starts the voting again.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 1299

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I think that if Still Life (for example) reaches five votes, should be enough for an official CPT, right? Let’s see what happens with Advie’s vote…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I agree. If there are five votes, a CPT is possible. The last CPT, Amerzone, struggled through with five players. A few joined the playthrough, and a few dropped out. It would seem that five is the minimum.

I think you see Karlok joining, but I haven’t seen her vote. So that leaves the two of us. If Karlok does join, that makes three. And if Advie is released on probation, that makes four votes. Still one short of the magic number.

If there are no other votes, then we take a deep breath and put everything on hold. If that happens, Lady K will let us know when the next voting session will start.

Side note: I witnessed the “goings on” on the Monkey Island thread. I have no problem with Advie’s punishment. But I can think of at least four other individuals that were involved that equally deserved some sort of reprimand. And so I wonder why we shouldn’t count his vote.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

You must count Nico2021’s vote, so Still Life’s got three votes right now.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5848

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve just seen that Still Life is in my GOG library so I’ll cast a vote for it.

I’m very keen though to finish Amerzone first - other things have cropped up but hopefully in the next few days.

I do have a disc version of Still Life but the disc drive in my old XP doesn’t work, my Win 10 doesn’t have a disc drive at all & my external disc drive doesn’t work any more either!  Sick

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

chrissie - 19 August 2022 09:51 AM

I’ve just seen that Still Life is in my GOG library so I’ll cast a vote for it.

I’m very keen though to finish Amerzone first - other things have cropped up but hopefully in the next few days.

I do have a disc version of Still Life but the disc drive in my old XP doesn’t work, my Win 10 doesn’t have a disc drive at all & my external disc drive doesn’t work any more either!  Sick

If you know someone with CD drive, you can create an ISO image of the CD with that computer and then work with it in your computer.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Voting for CP #74 will end at midnight GMT on Sunday August 21.

Still Life - (4) - Walas74, Rtrooney, Nico2021, Chrissie

The Neverhood (2) - Charophycean, Karlok

The Procession to Calvary (1) -  Charophycean
Syberia: The World Before (1) - Rtrooney
Time Gentlemen, Please (1) - Charophycean

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 19 August 2022 09:51 AM

It may be too expensive for game-playing, but if you have semi-regular need for copying to/from a CD/DVD, you can get a reader that plugs into a usb port from Amazon for around $21 US. I’ve got one as well as a 3.5 floppy reader.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

walas74 - 19 August 2022 11:25 AM

If you know someone with CD drive, you can create an ISO image of the CD with that computer and then work with it in your computer.

rtrooney - 19 August 2022 03:08 PM

It may be too expensive for game-playing, but if you have semi-regular need for copying to/from a CD/DVD, you can get a reader that plugs into a usb port from Amazon for around $21 US. I’ve got one as well as a 3.5 floppy reader.

walas, I’m not sure I know anyone that lives near enough that has a CD drive & as I still have a lot of games on disc it would be worth investing in another external CD drive which Tim is just a different term for the type of reader you mentioned.

As said though I have Still Life in my GOG library but I appreciate the suggestions - thank you!  Thumbs Up

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Somehow my message got lost. It’s great that you have a way to play the game. I think we have reached the critical number. And I’m hopeful others will join if the game wins.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7478

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I don’t understand how anybody can think I voted for Still Life. I have not shown any interest in this game. What’s more, I cancelled my vote for The Neverhood.

PROM, NAPOL, PROM! - The Rise of the Golden Idol

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

No I didn’t see you voting for Still Life either Karlok. Another time though I would consider joining in with a playthrough of The Neverhood - graphically it never appealed to me but I’ve read such good reports!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Voting for CP #74 will end at midnight GMT on Sunday August 21.

Still Life - (4) - Walas74, Rtrooney, Nico2021, Chrissie

The Neverhood (1) - Charophycean
The Procession to Calvary (1) -  Charophycean
Syberia: The World Before (1) - Rtrooney
Time Gentlemen, Please (1) - Charophycean

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top