• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

eddyc

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What are you guys expecting from E3 2018

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Well Square Enix video showcase was short and sweet-ish.

Showed more of Tomb Raider (jungle stealth and Batman style predator takedowns), Just Cause 4 and Kingdom Hearts III.

Only a couple of new things

Dragon’s Quest XI - Cartoony style looks great
Babylon’s Fall - Some fantasy Platinum game
The Quiet Man - WTF was that. Some FMV turns into a back alley fight. Not sure what that game is.

No Avengers…maybe at the Sony one later.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Ubisoft conference was as weird as normal. It started with a dancing panda promoting Just Dance 2019, had a prat falling man from Finland (who said he is the President) announce the latest Trial game (Trials Rising) and a live band to show off the Donkey Kong DLC for Mario Rabbids.

They did have a couple of decent games

Beyond Good and Evil 2

This one is weird. Says it’s a prequel, but has a moody villianous original character appear at the end. Not how I remember the character from the previous game. They also apeared to team up with Joseph Gordon-Levitt to crowd source development of the game. Allowing people to contribute mosic, story or art assets to the game.

Division 2

This looks cool.

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

Seems very similar to Origins template. Not sure we need another one of these.

So nothing about the Avengers game

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Microsoft went for 50 games in a packed confreence. Sony went for 4 tenpole games with a few other announcements.

Of the big 4, 3 of them look amazing and one looked like a weird as feck Fedex simulator.

Last of Us Part II

Looks amazing and a bit brutal.

Ghost of Tsushima

Looks out of this world with the lighting and wind effects. Combat looks fun and I can’t wait to play this.

Spider-Man

Only got a couple of months until this is out. Combat and traversal looks fun and swinging through the city might be as good as gliding in the Batman games.

Death Stranding

So Norman Reedus is some kind of delivery man. A Fedex walking sim… this game is just fecking weird, but htis trailer didn’t make me confident of decent game behind the weirdness.

The other main games they announced were

Nioh 2

New Remedy game called Control that seems a bit Psi-ops like.

However I was really excited about the Resident Evil 2 remake.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Well that Nintendo thing was a bummer.

Unless you were into the 40 mins of Smash Bros coverage. Did they really need to go over every character in the game and all their moves and stages etc.

No Metroid Prime after teasing it last year is weird.

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Lucien21 - 12 June 2018 12:48 PM

Well that Nintendo thing was a bummer.

Unless you were into the 40 mins of Smash Bros coverage. Did they really need to go over every character in the game and all their moves and stages etc.

No Metroid Prime after teasing it last year is weird.

No Bayonetta 3 either. Conference was a bummer.

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2004-12-07

PM

Death Stranding looked awesome to me. Weird babycarryingdevice on his stomach, with a baby inside that enables him to see… ghosts? Combine that with that nail-scene, and it was the “best” e3 trailer. As in weirdest and grossest. That’s SOMETHING. Grin Plus this is Kojima, I’m pretty sure he’s fucking with us.

Also, Night Call looked nice. Haven’t been this excited for a taxigame since… Space Taxi on the c64. Actually, scratch that. I’ll never be as excited for anything as I was for that.

Also, Ghosts of Tsushima and Last of Us 2 looks like nobrainer day-one purchases.

Night Call:

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2004-12-07

PM

Also this:

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

The thing that surprised me most this year was Microsoft’s acquisition of Ninja Theory. I really, really hope that this step is not going to backfire. Seems like I’ll have to skip Ninja Theory’s games in the foreseeable future as I’m perfectly happy with Sony’s Playstation, and don’t have any plans of buying an Xbox at some point.

Having said that, as a long-time Remedy fan, I was quite stoked about their upcoming game “Control” being a part of the Sony press conference.

Not too many surprises at E3, but there’s quite some stuff that I’m looking forward to.

The Last of Us 2
Doom Eternal
Devil May Cry 5
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Wolfenstein: Youngblood
Call of Cthulhu
Twin Mirror
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
The Sinking City
Control
Cyberpunk 2077 (even though the trailer didn’t entirely convince me)

Not sure about Death Stranding yet, but I’ll keep a close eye on it.

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2017-04-06

PM

Intense Degree - 05 June 2018 11:07 AM
Jerrar - 05 June 2018 09:32 AM

Elder Scrolls 6

I would love to see that, but do you think there’s much chance of an E3 announcement when Fallout 76 is in the works?

It was a long shot and wishful thinking, but some how they teased it.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I think the biggest moment for astonishment this E3 has been the announcement that Microsoft is bringing Battletoads back. If people can meme that genuinely bad game back into existence maybe there’s hope for Conkey, Banjo, Little Big Adventure, Space Quest 7, any game.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The Last of Us 2 trailer looked great!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2018-10-15

PM

Definitely, FALL OUT

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Cyberpunk trailer looked very amazing!

I hope it is as fun to play as it is to look at.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top